“Wonderful experience”
Review of Dolphin Quest

Dolphin Quest
Ranked #5 of 28 Tours in Madeira Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: See the dolphins play in their own backyard!1 1/2 hour narrated sightseeing tour!New Boat, U.S. Coast Guard licensed captains!Cushioned bench seating, clean bathroom!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went on the 90 minute cruise with my family whilst on holiday in Sand Key, Clearwater. The harbour was very easy to find and has great atmosphere with many places to eat overlooking the water. We were all very impressed with the knowledge shown by the crew and the respect they had for the wildlife. We saw dolphins but did not feel in anyway that the boat was intrusive towards them which was suggested on other tours. When dolphins were in the area the engines were cut and we did not in any way 'chase' them. I would definitely recommend this company if you want to see dolphins but are concerned about any negative impact towards them in the wild.

1  Thank Kathryn R

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I live in Pinellas County however this is the first time I have been on the Dolphin Quest cruise out of John's Pass. We have two friends visiting from Virginia and they expressed a desire to go on the cruise so I decided to go with them. I have been boating in these waters for years, however I learned things about the county that I never knew. First and foremost, we spotted a pod of dolphins as soon as we left the dock. The captain followed them out into the Gulf of Mexico so that everyone got a look at them. We then returned to the inland waters and saw more dolphins. Our friends were delighted by the cruise and I had a wonderful time as well. This cruise lasts 1 1/2 hours and it is a bargain. Do yourself a favor and try it out, you will love it. It is good for all ages.

1  Thank BBLEAB
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a great experience. My wife and I took my mother-in-law and really enjoyed the 90 minute tour. The captain and his assistant Jessica did a great job. We saw a lot of dolphins and received a great tour of John's Bay. This is a perfect activity for everyone including those who have difficulty with mobility.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This cruise is great value, being $16.50 for adults compared with $35 or $25 by some local competitors. For an hour and a half you get a lovely tour of the waterways, plenty of informative narrative from the friendly crew and lots of dolphins. The captain is careful not to get too close to those dolphins who have babies and in the dolphins are clearly used to the boats and not bothered by them, as you'd expect for dolphins that frequent waterways.

The boat was very clean and sold cans of drinks etc for a dollar or two, so weren't trying to rip you off once you were on board. We enjoyed hearing stories about the big houses on the lack. I'd give this trip five stars if the crew gen'd up a bit more on the bird life in the area as they were only really able to list off the types of birds you typically see.

Highly recommended and docks next to the Pirates Bar which does very tasty burgers for a post cruise lunch.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

During our 90 minute narrated tour of Boca Ciega Bay (John's Pass), we saw mansions, mangroves, birds, and many dolphins (more than our earlier cruises on other boats). Up to four dolphins swimming together! The price was reasonable, and the captain and crew were personable. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Bryan B