“unfriendly to our crowd of 8”
Review of Latitude's - CLOSED

Latitude's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cedar, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unfriendly to our crowd of 8”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

We were informed of this restaurants one year anniversary party ~our invite stated~from "11am till ?" we got there at 6:30pm...at which time we were told rather rudely that the anniversary party ended at 6!! They said there were no specials...we had a very expensive drink and left...wondering if they will make it another year!?!

1 Thank neptunecow

Lansing MI
“Great Service and Great Food -- WOW”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Last week we stopped into Latitudes on the off chance that they could accommadate a group of 55 later that evening.Rather then dismiss the idea out of hand -due to the short notice- they found a way to make it work. Upon our arrival everything was set up as promised. The wait staff was excellent and very prompt. The food was excellent. We highly recommend the ribs, steak and seafood. Even the owners were on site to make sure our dinner went off without a hitch. This is an excellnt place for casual relaxed dining. We hear the Bloody Mary Buffet is a site to behold. Not sure what day of the week that is offered but probably worth a look. We will be back.i

Cleveland, Ohio
“Horrible service, horrible food, stay away”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We just got back from here. I had called and made a reservation, but when we got there they said it would be 20 minutes. Okay no problem, we went to the bar and got some nice drinks. But then it was 40 minutes later and we were finally seated. The hostess joked about getting our drinks for free (we had asked to have them put on our dinner bill). So we order and then we wait and wait and wait for our mussels appetizer. Oh and also for the water that never came. We asked the waitress about the mussels and apparently she said there was a computer glitch, but the dinners went in to the computer but not the mussels (computer glitch? more like user error I am guessing). I asked if we could cancel the mussel order at this point but she said oh no they will be right out. So then all of our food came out at once, of course, so much for having an appetizer. There was barely any room on the table for our dinner plates and the mussel plates. Of course I look at my fish sandwich I ordered, only to find it was the fish special (which I did not order). So I sat and tried the mussels (which were cold) while the other people at my table ate their dinners. While I waited, and waited for my sandwich. Finally I got my sandwich but I got no coleslaw (which comes with it) and where were the fries that I ordered? So I canceled the fries since at the point the waitress came back to check, my sandwich was half finished.
One person's steak was also overcooked. She ordered it medium and it came with no pink at all.
So then it was time for the bill and the waitress said that she took the mussels off the bill but we also asked about taking the drinks off and the bartender/manager told her no. So she asked again and he gave a 10% off. oh boy. Not sure why he didn't come talk to us himself. He definitely isn't managing the place effectively.

Skip this place and go to Dockside Daves down the road (they used to be where this place is now). They have great grouper sandwiches that blows Latitude's away. Latitudes needs to get it's act together, seriously. Also, where was the music?????

1 Thank tropicaltammi
Madiera Beach, Fl.
“We ate here for dinner in October. The...”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We ate here for dinner in October. The service was ok and found it pricier than expected. The food was just ok and we were dissapointed in general. Would not go back.

1 Thank kathryninfl
Cincinnati, OH
“Great casual dining experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We just had a wonderful dinner at Latitude's this evening. We went around 8 pm, and it was not crowded, and was quite pleasant. The atmosphere is casual, family oriented, and they have a nice bar area off to the side as well. They had a little beach music playing in the background, but the noise level was pleasant. Our server was very attentive to our needs the entire time we were there, and went out of her way to make sure our toddler was happy as well. The food was very good, and you must go in there very hungry because they give you huge portions. The prices were lower than most of the eating places in the area. We had a great experience and we will go back again next time we are in town.