“Rich and delicious ice cream”

Amish Creamery Company
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Madeira Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped here for the first time after dinner one night, though we had been by it many times. We don't often go out for ice cream, don't often eat it, and have tired of the chains (BR, CS, etc.) with the unlimited toppings, entertaining employees, and cute serving names. No, this place just offers ice cream in about 25 flavors, plus, as others have mentioned, it's an Amish store, so it includes meats, cheeses, pastas, butter, candy and assorted other food items in a small 2 aisle side section. The ice cream was simply fantastic! The server was friendly, and the consistency of the ice cream was the way I like it - not hard (so they didn't have to work it, mash it and reform it), and the flavor was incredible. I had the chocolate peanut butter (my 2 favorite flavors) and it came with tiny peanut butter cups in it and the peanut butter that was laced through it had a nice grainy texture (not the smooth, over-processed type!). I had a small and it was almost too much! They have bench seating outside where you can listen to the music from a restaurant across the street if you go on a weekend evening.
What impressed me about the store were two things: first, most of their cheeses are made from hormone-free milk, which is what I always look for, and second, they sold butter in a log roll. I forget how much it weighed (maybe 2 lbs?), but it was made from the top cream, which sounded like a better butter than one that's made from the leftover from cheesemaking. When we're low on butter I'll stop by and get one, since you can cut off a chunk and freeze the rest.
Overall an unpretentious place that just serves great ice cream. We'll be back.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great tasting ice cream, many Amish meats, cheeses and other variety of foods. Easy a go-to place for milk shakes, ice cream to eat here or take home. Next time I'm getting the fresh cream butter...

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Thank you for being really nice and polite and for the good portions, the ice cream is great!!!! Thank you

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have Ben coming to gulf area for 30 years..Amish cremery is clearly best labored and flavor assortment. Serving sizeis gret. Maxing flavor. Epell pistahio

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Best ice cream I have ever had. Beats all the others including cold stone. Reviews that talk about rude owner is probably from a competitor because no one is rude at this store.