“Deep sea adventure....”

Hubbard's Marina
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Madeira Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deep sea fishing, party boats, private charter fishing, pleasure cruises, dolphin watching nature cruise and eco tour, sunset cruise with FREE beer and wine, Island ferry boat rides with snorkeling excursion, shelling, beach rentals, cabanas, umbrellas, kayak, paddleboard, segways, beach cruiser bike rentals and much, much more! Hubbard's Marina is the longest running ORIGINAL offshore fishing and dolphin watching company in the entire state of Florida! We started back in 1928 and after over 85 years, were still family owned and operated! "If you're too busy to go fishing, You're just too busy!"
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Deep sea adventure....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Went out with Hubbard's this morning and had a great time. Crew was great... made sure everyone in our group got to catch at least one as well as those around us. We will be back!

Treasure Island, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Shelling island tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I would like to share my wonderful experience with you, on my trip to Egmont Key of the coast of St. Pete, Florida, On Father's day of 2014, My daughter and her boyfriend and I purchased tickets from Hubbard's Marina, John's Pass, Madeira Beach, Florida. The ferry departed from the pier at Fort De Soto Park. When I arrived I was great with warm welcome, from Capt. Jeff and his wonderful crew, they were personable and well schooled in history of the island and surrounding waters, both going and coming from the Island he stopped along the way pointing out the turtles, dolphins and other sea-life
On the key my family and I walked thru to the other beach taking in the rich history of the island and the natural surroundings including the light-house. the natural; untouched key was amazing.
We opted for the snorkel package out to the ruins right off the bird sanctuary that takes up part of the island. the snorkeling without gear is $15.00 but well worth it and gear is available, we brought our own to use on the beach as well. There is plenty of fish and structure to see there, the water was warm and the visibility was good. We saw Bermuda chubs, black drum, parrot fish, snappers, and Spanish mackerel fish as well as thousands of baby bait fish is huge schools, if felt like we were in the fish bowl as we swam about them
After about an hour we took a tour of the rest of the island to see the the thousands of birds on the sanctuary side of the island, Capt. Jeff pointed out a large school of large rays swimming close to shore, and a nest of osprey parents and chicks.
after that we had and another hour to pic-nic and.explore the beaches.
On our return trip last trip back to park, Capt. Jeff slowed and followed a large sea turtle so all could get a good look at him and take pics. Just before docking at park he followed a dolphin a bit so we all good get pics and see him playing in the water.

We found this trip to be a great distraction from the commercial attractions in the area, off the beaten path one that was naturally entertaining and relaxing!

The Hubbard's Marina ferry Staff made all the difference in full
enjoying all the history and natural Adventures that Egmont Key had to offer.

I would recommend this trip to everyone, as this a piece of Florida's history in a most beautiful natural setting in which to to snorkel, shell and explore.

3 Thank deepbluediva
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time even when fishing was bad.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I have been on a dozen of Hubbard's half day deep sea fishing tours. Dusty and Smoky have been there every time. We normally go out and come home loaded with fish, however this time was a bust. It can't be good fishing every time! We just love Hubbard's and their staff. Even though this time wasn't good for the fishing, we will be back! 1 out of 12 ain't bad!! Thanks again guys for making it a fun experience!

1 Thank Fgcusweetie
Baltimore, MD
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“39 Hours of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just got back from a 39 hour fishing trip aboard the Friendly Fisherman.This trip was planned in the dead of winter. It was to target red Snapper, red grouper and Gag grouper. Thanks to commercial fishing interests and poor government oversight the Red Snapper season was shortened by default and the Gag opener postponed. As soon as this was known however, Hubbard's called and asked if I wanted to reschedule. I was locked in by my work schedule and decided to leave it as scheduled. No red snapper, no Gags - I was worried. Thanks to a diligent captain, mates Will and Kyle, and Tammy in the galley, there was nothing to worry about. We caught more than our share of large Mangos and red grouper. Some scamps mixed in. The meal ticket was a no brainer and thanks to Tammy the food was great. I can't wait to book my next 39 hour trip next year.

1 Thank Underwatertraveler
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“booze cruise oh wait sunset cruise must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Me and my dad visited the st Pete area for the first time and we visited Johns Pass which was rather cool, we came across the sunset cruise and for a cheap price we booked our reservation. The next day we went on the nice long cruise checking out all the inner coastal homes and even some dolphins. once out on the Gulf the views were just gorgeous, with dolphins surfacing all around you and i forget to mention, FREE BEER seems like all your worries disappear. The crew were awesome, both the captain and the first mate were Very knowledgeable and energetic which was made you feel welcomed and at home. The first night we went out there wasn't quite the best sunset however there was a good shot of the sun setting at the end. For me i went on a second time the following night, this time i had a even better view of the sun setting for it was mostly sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Beer was cold, music was perfect and again the staff were awesome. I will be sure to come back and do it again next year, it is perfect for families and couples or just for us single folks. I mean come on, cold beer, dolphins, spectacular views, relaxation. Life is good see yall soon

Visited May 2014