“Fun Place for Lunch”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Went here for lunch. Excellent service and good food at a reasonable cost.
Great atmosphere. Would have liked to have eaten outside but we were too hot and the air conditioned inside restaurant was so cool. Would definitely recommend thsi restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

I have previously visited the Bubba Gump at Universal studios city walk and LOVED the place, however the one at Johns Pass is not as good. The theme from Forest Gump is fantastic and so much fun, however the waiter we had was very brash and pretty annoying after a while... It felt like he was constantly trying to make us spend more money, for example when my partner order a pint of beer he told us 'that comes with a glass' which we took to mean it is glass not plastic as many of the other places on the beach are, however he actually meant it comes in a souvenir glass which cost us $10- very very naughty!!!! There were 4 of us having a meal however only 3 meals arrived and we had to ask the waiter where my food was, (this was after having to catch his attention from where he was blagging and chatting to some females) he brought it over 10 mins later, cold, with no explanation and no apology. ..

Overall, the service was rubbish but the atmosphere and theme are brilliant, so is the view ans Johns Pass is great...

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed August 18, 2009

1st time going was little worried about it being the same old themed place, but was suprised that we liked our food, servies, and the place. we paid 88.00 for the 4 of us which I though was a little high but cannot complain about the quality of food or the quanity so we will be going back year after year.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

I have been to this location twice. The first time I was shocked because everything was super expensive for mainly fried food. What made it even worse was the portion sizes. My mahi mahi was small and i had an ice-cream scooped size of mashed potatoes... to add on a side salad(literally side-- because it was small) is nearly $5!!! The food is covered is breading and seasoning to make up for the lack of fresh taste. The first time we tried the hush puppies(fish and shrimp with corn) and they were great... but it must have been the cook or fresh oil.... on our next visit we tried the sampler for $12.99 it came with an artichoke dip and chips, fried shrimp,spicy chicken,chilled shrimp and hush puppies. It was ok and actually a decent amount for the price. However, it seemed as though the oil they used was very old and dirty because all of the breading tasted horrible on the fried items so we didn't eat the rest. As for the "Bucket of TRASH" that we ordered...the name says it all! It was horrible, very small portion for $18.99. It had roughly 6 peices of fried shrimp and 4 small peices of fried fish and the two lobster claws. WOW did the lobster taste horrible... it was very rubbery and it literally smelled like I was walking on the beach during red tide--- I couldn't even eat the rest! The only good thing was the Virgin Pina Colada...although it did have seeds in it that look like watermelon seeds ---yet it was just pineapple and coconut. The Alabama Mud Pie was good and was one of the cheapest prices on the menu and the biggest portion...I asked to take it home becayse it was litarally the size of the dinner plate...yet my $19 meal didn't even fill the small pail it was in!?!? Overall we spent $62 on an appetizer and one meal that we split,2 drinks(non-alcoholic) and a mud pie.... and they took away our plates with almost as much as was given to us...and the waiter didn't even ask if everything was ok...clearly not when all the food is still on the plate! The waiter was probably the only good thing there...he was friendly,seemed happy, and answered all of our questions. He should be promoted and take -over the quality control dept of the kitchen. We would have been better off going to long john silvers and saving $55 and actually liking all of the food!!!! It is a neat experience to maybe try once...but I warn in advance....you will be greatly disappointed...SERIOUSLY! The food is very low quality with small portions and very pricey!

Reviewed August 14, 2009

My family and I ate there the first night we arrived. I probably wouldn't eat there again. It's one of those touristy types of restaurants. The food was average and prices seemed high.