“mediocre at best”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
LAKELAND FL
“mediocre at best”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were a party of seven. The best part was the view with outside seating. Service was fine but the food was mediocre at best. The landlubbers preferred their selections over those of us that like seafood. Neither the fried seafood feast nor the stuffed shrimp met our expectations- especially for the price. We usually end up at John's pass once a year and I would not bother eating here again.

• Visited June 2013

Richmond, Kentucky
“Always wanted to eat here”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I expected the food to not be as good as the decorations like some popular themed places can be. However the food was amazing and there was plenty to look at.

Norwood, OH
“Thanks to Bubba Gumps for a nice end to the day”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My son got married at Sunset Beach, just a short drive from where we were staying in Madeira Beach on June 12th. Bubba Gumps has always been a favorite place of our family. We needed to find somewhere to accommodate about 30 people for dinner after the wedding. It need to be big enough and kid friendly. Bubba Gumps offered 3 rooms that we could reserve plus it was right across the street from our condos. I had been working with Miranda, their banquet room coordinator since back in February. She was very easy to work with and practically let us set up any sort of way of reserving the room. We needed to order from the menu and everyone pay for their own meals. They also let us bring the wedding cake over early in the day and kept it refrigerated for us. We had the space from 9 - 11pm. I reserved Jenny's Room and it was rather odd shaped, but it actually worked out fine. There were several tables and booths. The Bubba Gump staff tried very hard to take care of all of us. The guests did come in spurts and so orders were taken as soon a people would arrive. They divided the room by servers and everything seemed to go smoothly. I think there were a few problems with some of the meals, but they were quick to remedy the situation. I ordered a meal that ended up being way too spicy for me and they tried quickly to replace it with something that I would be happy with, at no extra charge. I had to pay $100 to hold my reservation for the room and they said it would be taken off my bill at the end. Everything went exactly as they said. I would like to thank the Manager Jasmine and our waiter Josh. They were on top of everything and did all they could to make the night a success. I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the other servers, but thank you to all that helped. When we left, the restaurant was empty so I knew they stayed opened later for our group. Everyone got a coupon for 10% off anything in the gift shop so naturally my son wanted to get something before we left. Forrest Gump is one of his favorite movies. Logan was working in the gift shop that night and was also very nice and friendly too. I would highly recommend Bubba Gumps to anyone wanting to reserve a private room for their event.

• Visited June 2013
Polk City, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bubba gumps”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Everything was great!! Wait time was only 25 mins. Staff was nice smiley and funny!! Only bad thing I saw was a customer tripped on the outside door rug but didn't fall.

Largo, FL
“Way overpriced!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have eaten here several times. The best thing on the menu is the fried fish platter. It is big enough for two people with less than huge appetites and is the only reasonably priced item on their menu.. Their fried shrimp taste like they are commercially prepared and come fresh from the freezer. The atmosphere outdoors is nice but try to get a table with an umbrella. They have a lot of Forest Gump movie trivia questions that the servers will quiz you on. It is fun to see how many details from the movie you remember. It is a chain restaurant so the food is pretty consistent but I still think they are way overpriced.