“great service”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“great service”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

the food is very good and the service is excellent. I know it is a chain but everything tasted well and I was very pampered by the servers.

maryland
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had the spiced shrimp and the Mai Mai with shrimp! Both were very good and the price was reasonable. The drinks were good too!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank twinmom41
Paoli, Indiana
“Another good Gump's!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been to several Bubba Gumps and have always had good meals This one was no different. I had the southern boneless fried chicken and is was delicious. We loved the atmosphere of the place and really enjoyed John's Pass.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LONG3
Union, Oregon
“Lunch was delicious!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stopped in for lunch one afternoon. We seated ourselves outside next to the water. Great view of the bridge and the boats coming and going, and the boardwalk. I had fish and chips and my husband had clam chowder and garlic bread. All was very good and my fish was really fresh tasting. Service was very good. Price was average.

Pinnebog
“Good food, service. Pay with cash.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We met out-of-town family members at Bubba Gump for afternoon lunch on October 4, 2012. There were six adults total. It was a hot Florida day, so we opted for the indoor seating. There was no wait, as the restaurant seemed to be about half-full of diners.

The waiter was pleasant and cheerful but could have been a bit more attentive. I recall one or more of our group looking around for the waiter to get our order or something that was forgotten.

The menu was almost exclusively seafood; shrimp being the dominant item. I ordered jambalaya and and a house salad. Both were very good. The jambalaya was spicy and my eyes watered while eating it. Fortunately there were no ill after-effects and I felt very satisfied.

When we were finished, the waiter brought the bill, and I immediately gave him my credit card. He took the card and bill and went around the corner, presumably to the register. My brother-in-law jumped up and insisted HE pay the bill. He went looking for the waiter. A seemingly long few minutes later, the waiter returned with my credit card, and told me that he had already swiped my card. But, not to worry, the transaction was cancelled.

We noted that the bill included the tip because we had a party of six or more.

Eleven days later, the Visa Fraud Prevention phoned my home. The computer voice read five charges and asked me to verify them. One was the $155 charge for the Bubba Gump meal. I pressed "2", indicating one or more of the charge were incorrect. Visa locked my card and told me to call my bank.

The next day, I called my bank and told them my story. They told me that there were new charges to my card for a convenience store and a Walmart, in the Richmond, VA area. Two of the charges went through and two more were blocked. I went through the whole process of disputing the charges and waiting for a replacement credit card.

Suspecting foul play at Bubba Gump Madeira Beach, I phoned the manager. She checked and phoned back, telling me that they could find no record of the transaction in question. Since she said that she checked, I told her that I would give her a favorable review on Trip Advisor.

Although there is no proof of foul play on the part of the restaurant, I cannot help but feel that an employee may have compromised my credit card. For that reason, I plan to use cash in the future.