“Oops, wrong restaurant reviewed”

The Hut Bar and Grill
Ranked #20 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Please disregard the previous review of this restaurant from me. The restaurant I meant to review was Scullys, at Johns Pass.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went here with a few friends last night. I live locally and try to avoid touristy places like Johns Pass but we were staying nearby so we thought we'd try it. It was pretty empty compared to the really crowded and far too noisy restaurant underneath. Anyway, the service was not great. Our waiter took our order and although the food came out quickly, we had to ask for silverware. He did come back to ask how our food was but never refilled our drinks. I had the pistachio grouper. It was ok, nothing great. Very bland veggies too. My friend had the fish and chips and she loved it and another had the lobster bisque. She really liked hers too. I don't think this restaurant was a good representation of what the beaches has to offer. And it was definitely pricey for what we got.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the portion of the Hut that is down below. There is plenty of seating and seating also available on the water. They have a great selection of draft beers. We always sit at the bar. We have only ordered food here once and it was nothing spectacular but it was good. The bartenders were great and will let you sample the different beers.

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I took a Trolley in St Pete Beach and went north. Our first stop was John's Pass. We were hungry, looking for a place to eat lunch. A fish sandwich is what we wanted ! The Hut was the perfect place , it is on the pier or boardwalk downstairs under Sculleys. We sat at a hightop near the waterfall fountain which was very relaxing. Our server was great ! I don't remember her name but I do remember she said she was going to go to school for Marine Biology.
Our fish sandwich was really good,crispy and very tasty so we were happy we chose the Hut. Check this place out if you go to John's Pass in Madeira Beach. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came here while on vacation and we left extremely disappointed in the food. My husband and I both got sick after eating here. The food was overpriced and not good at all. We were sorry to have wasted our money here.