“AWFUL”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone. Unless you plan to go for drinks only, I would definitely skip this place! My husband and I decided to give it a try and were disappointed on all levels. We arrived at about 6:00 on a Sunday evening. We were told it would be about an hour and a half wait...since we were in no hurry we put our name on the list and sat at the bar for a few drinks and an appetizer while we waited for our table. As we walked to the bar we noticed at least 5 tables empty that could have been seated!!?? We were ignored at the bar and when the bartender finally did come over, she seemed a bit irritated. She took our drink orders and we ordered a chicken quesadilla as an app. I ordered a mango margarita and my husband ordered a beer. The margarita was a pre made mix that seemed VERY light on the tequila! The bar area had great potential, but lacked in so many ways. It seemed very chaotic and unorganized as far as service goes. Waiters/Waitresses seemed to be scrambling the entire time we were at the bar. Our chicken quesdailla came out after about 10 minutes, and shortly after we were called, as our table was ready. So after the hostess had told us it would be a 90 minute wait, it turned out to only be 15 minutes at most! We cashed out at the bar with the irritated bartender and went to our table. Our table was in a tiny corner behind a giant wooden post. We took our drinks and appetizer with us to our table. We finished our appetizer, and waited for about 20 minutes without anyone coming to our table to greet us...let alone take our food order or get us new drinks. At least 6-8 servers walked right passed us without noticing us. It was very clear that no one was coming to our table to help us, so we went back up to the bar. At this point the bartender asked if everything was ok, and we told her the situation. She informed us that no one ever sits at that table...well the hostess sat us there!!?? My husband went up to the hostess and manager and told him about the issue, he was quick to apologize and offered to buy our next round of drinks. FINALLY we put in our food order...after being at The Hut for over an hour, at this point. I ordered the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and my husband ordered wings. The food was just ok...nothing to write home about. I definitely would not return or recommend this place to anyone. Service was bad, food was just ok, and drinks were weak.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Food was OK nothing special. I wonder if it is the same cooks as Scullys. They have a very similar menu

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hut has one thing going for it... a few water side tables. That's about it. Food was ok, service was slow. Go across the bay to Gators if you want to eat by the water. At least you are virtually assured a deck table there and while the food is average, it's way better than The Hut.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stopped here for lunch. Fun place with bar food and chowder. I just had a chicken salad - good. I think they have other food and share kitchen with Sculley's (who have great food). Nice because the whole place is open, but still covered from too much sun or rain. I would definitely go back and try other things too.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

me and my girlfriend went to the hut while at johns pass in march 2014, the service was not great as the server was a bit spaced out, you can smoke wherever outside even if someone is eating right beside you, the food is 100x to greasy and they are very VERY unorganized….cook came to our table 3 times asking if food was ours mistaking us for another table! this place needs a rescue or something…its going down hill in a hurry. PS very over priced…go to guppys or crabby bills up the road in indian rocks beach.