“Rude staff!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was a very rainy day in September that we thought we would nip into the Hut for some drinks, we have been here before and usually sit at the bar. The bar and restaurant were very quite with only 5-6 people sitting round the bar but unfortunately with the way people were sitting we couldn't get 4 seats together so decided to sit at a table (the only people in the place sitting at a table). The server then came over and gave us menus. We explained we were only wanting a few drinks and there wasn't seats for us together at the bar. She must have been in an awful mood because she snatched up the menus and said "you have to sit at the bar if you just want drinks and you can't sit at a table". I have to say if bar is doing so well it can turn good paying customers away especially if there was no one else in the restaurant because of the awful weather outside then good luck to you! We won't be back and will tell all our friends about how nice your staff are!

There are newer reviews for The Hut Bar and Grill

Reviewed September 9, 2013

As is frequently the case, I wanted to go 3.5 stars since it really deserves more then 3, but I'm not so sure it deserves 4.

Anyway, was here on a Saturday afternoon. It was hot - blazingly hot - but my girlfriend and I had been to the John's Pass area one other time before when a dolphin watching cruise docked briefly, and we wanted to check it out. I was surprised that there were only a couple (3, I think) seafood places on the pier considering how large it was (not counting Bubba Gump), but they all had similar menus so we picked the one that looked the best.

The Hut has an "outdoor" location in the sun where the seating was first come first serve. They also have an "outdoor" location, but its also kind of indoor in that it's open air, but you have the pier above you and you're well shaded. There's also a tiki bar down here and they had some live music.

We both got a blackened grouper wrap, and we were both pleased. It was very fresh, the jalapeno cheddar wrap was different, but very good, and the taste of the fish came through even with the spicy wrap and other ingredients. Service was friendly and attentive.

My only complaint would be the music was bad. But, what do you expect from live music at a bar on a Saturday afternoon during college football season?

I think this was a fine place for lunch. Plenty of options, nice and shady to get out of the head, but still enjoy the outdoors, and good food with nice portions. Not the best seafood place, but still a worthy choice.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went for lunch. The atmosphere is nice. There was some music, a couple guys playing guitar and singing songs I knew. If you order onion rings, they are frozen, not fresh and the waitress obviously didn't know the difference because we asked before we ordered them. The food was decent.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Hut Bar & Grille for 8+ years . . . Great place to grab a drink, hang out with friends and/or listen to live music on the water!!! They had a complete overhaul and face lift a couple years ago, with new tiki decor, small flat screens and a large projector screen above the bar for Sunday Football!! Yea food is a little pricey but it's a tourist area . . . So what do you expect! I have pub-crawed, bar hopped and hung out in almost every beach bar from St Pete Beach to Clearwater Beach and this is one of my favorites!!
And if you're not in the mood for "bar food" . . . Walk next door to Sculleys!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Met my family who live in Fort Myers in John's Pass last weekend for a little reunion and a friend suggested The Hut Bar and Grille in Maderia Beach. We ordered several appetizers to include coconut shrimp and fish spread: very tasty!! The boys ordered the new Angus Burger with french fries and we had the Grouper sandwich: both were excellent!!! Bar a large tiki bar on the water and has live music too . . . have to say I was a little surprised to see the negative comments by other reviewers. I can only speak for my experience and we enjoyed the food, ambience and music.