“Food was Good.. View was ok.. Entertainment was Awesome..waitress another story...”

The Hut Bar and Grill
Ranked #18 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Great looking waterfront restaurant. We ate outside on the deck and watched the boats come in. The view was just ok because the deck itself was tall and you really could just look out you had to stand up. Food was good, lots of choices. My big complaint and why I gave this average is the waitress. Stuck up, she was from England, did not know the price of anything (she only gave it’s between this price and this price) and didn’t ask us once if we needed anything else. I would maybe go back, but there are so many other places to choose from that I will definitely try them out before going back. Live entertainment was a huge plus!

1  Thank MUherdFan

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was visiting from New hampshire, as i have almost every year since i was 10 (IM 27 NOW) This resturant has ALWAYS been one of our favorites, me and my family coming here like clock work every year,I though it would be a nice trip to have our family together for my daughters 5th birthday. I tried one of their featured drink for $8.50, there was BARELY enough liquid to drink while i ate the ONE perk of this place, free bread (which is about a roll a piece), They offered NOTHING for children, no crayons, coloring books, NOTHING. The ONLY drinks they offered for children is the juice they use to make mix drinks (yuck) or a ridiculously overpriced ,i;shake! Not a healthy`choice for a childrens meal to be found. Disgusting food horribly rude service, and i viewed an employee come out of the rest room without washing their hands!!!!!! For the safety of your family i STRONGLY urge you stay far away from this place

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Located in the John's Pass area, the location can't be beat. I would recommend it for drinks on the deck overlooking the water. We were closer to dolphins and pelicans than we have ever been. The service and food (appetizer) was mediocre at best. However, it was easy to overlook when we were being entertained by the scenery. Enjoy the view with a cocktail and then go across the street to Waltz for an excellent dinner!

Reviewed March 30, 2011

What could be better than sitting in a huge thatch roof tiki bar on the water in John's Pass with a talented live band performing, a cold beer and a plate of awesome chicken tacos with rice and beans. Askfor a side of wing sauce and try that on your chicken taco -outstanding! Thanks for the tip Steve!

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I went to this restaurant because of it's location and atmosphere. It took the waitress 15 minutes to come to the table, take our drink orders, got it wrong and then disappeared. She brought the wrong appetizers and told us that we didn't order what we said we did and never came back with the proper one. She never checked to see how we were doing until we flagged her down. Each time she gave us, and the surrounding tables the excuse thatf the kitchen being busy. The food came out and the hamburger was raw, not just rare.

In the plus column, the DJ and location were great