“Sweets,Treats and Ice Creams!”

Kilwin's - John's Pass
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Madeira Beach
SingaNickel
“Sweets,Treats and Ice Creams!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Kilwins is located right on the boardwalk of Johns Pass. It is a great place to break for some AC after walking around a bit. The sweet aroma draws you right in. Often times you can watch them make the candies from the window or inside. We sampled all 3 types of chocolate (at cost of course) and thought that the milk chocolate was the best. Their prices for their candies were very high(Thirty dollars a pound.-wow) They were tasty, but not worth that much. We did buy several pieces of the Almond Toffee Bark crunch. It was delightful. It was soft and butter tasting and had many almond pieces on it. I recommend giving it a try.The caramel apples looked sweet and delicious, but I did not try any of them.

They did have a "buy one, get one free" offer on gold sticker bagged items. I bought a pecan brittle ($6.95) which was tender on the teeth and sweet. I also tried a bigger bag of their Peanut caramel corn ($5.95). It was very good. It was crunchy, not too sweet, fresh and great boardwalk fun. I was going to try the nutcracker sweet- which is caramel corn with almonds and pecans just double the price of the peanut version.

The next night we tried their ice cream. The experience was a bit rushed.The employees acted like there was a line out the door when it was just 3 of us. We asked to sample many of the flavors. The salted caramel was excellent. Two of us got the same thing which was the chocolate raspberry truffle in a waffle cone ($5.25 per cone, single scoop). It was divine. The chocolate was rich and dark with pieces of dark chocolate running through it. The raspberry was not overpowering and added enough tang to balance the sweetness. I highly recommend it to any chocolate lover. It was fun to watch the people and boats go by as we ate our ice cream. .Although excellent, a word of caution...try to keep the kids outside, this place could break your bank.

• Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great ice cream!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped in last week to enjoy a moment of AC and some great ice cream! The employees were very friendly and encouraged you to try the flavors. The ice cream was very good, albeit a bit pricey ($16 for 3 cups of ice cream). We didn't get a chance to try the candies but walking in it all smelled so delicious. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Really good ice cream and fudge.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Worth a stop on your way out of the Pass. Lots of variety and the kids can watch them make the chocolate covered treats.

• Visited June 2013
Rochester, New York
“Best salted caramel ever!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stopped in while visiting Johns Pass after seeing people walk around with icecream cups from here. The salted caramel Icecream was to die for! They have display cases with many yummy looking treats for sale, but some were just over priced. If I were to visit Johns Pass again, I would absolutely head straight to this place and get more of their salted caramel icecream. I suggest before spending the money (especially with younger kids because it isn't the cheapest icecream) to first ask for a sample. My son got the superman flavor which looked like a sherbet, and ended up not liking the taste of it...therefore it went to waste.

• Visited April 2013
Attica, NY (A Suburb of Buffalo)
“Ice Cream & More”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have visited Kilwins several times over the past 3 years. I have enjoyed their ice cream, it can be a bit pricey though. There is a cheaper ice cream place just down the boardwalk but Kilwins has the better quality & variety. I enjoy the New Orleans Praline Pecan, I even sacraficed a shirt for it when the cone leaked melting ice cream on to my shirt. It was worth it! I was able to find a coupon in a local travel booklet from our hotel for a BOGO small ice cream cone and used that this year. In addition to the ice cream, they make candy and sell it on site. Kilwins is right on the boardwalk accessible from the stores, restaurants, and parking garage.

• Visited April 2013