“Awesome Condo! So Happy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Madeira Vista Condominiums
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We rented unit 302 for 2 weeks and I just cannot begin to say how well we were treated by both Jack and John there. Their friendliness, helpfulness and management skills were second to none. People can certainly take a lesson from them on how to properly manage a building.

Our unit was clean and well stocked and bright just as advertised as well as having a spectacular view. It really felt like a home away from home. If we needed something, as mentioned, Jack and John were there to assist at almost anytime of the day.

I HIGHLY recommend renting at Madeira Vista just for the quality management you will get when you do so. Thanks again to both Jack and John for nothing less than a FANTASTIC Christmas at Madeira Vista.

Robert Joachim
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
December 29th, 2013

Room Tip: I got to see a lot of the rooms. They are almost all the same. They face the same side (west) and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RJoachim
MadeiraVistaManager, Manager at Madeira Vista Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Wow, what a nice review!

Sometimes how you treat people matters more than the facility, sometimes it is the other way around. It is very rewarding to see that you were so pleased with both. :-)

Nothing is ever perfect, but we try to be a good as we can. It is great to see that we succeeded with you.

Will you be back next Christmas (grin)?

Happy New Year,

There are newer reviews for Madeira Vista Condominiums

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our group (of 4) arrived on 11/16/13. We selected unit 607 because it seemed like the best option for 2 couples traveling together. It was the perfect choice! The rooms each had a king sized bed, and it we really felt like we had our own space. The unit was decorated in what I like to call "beach condo style," but was very comfortable and had all the amenities of home. The kitchen had everything you could ask for, and we were pleased to discover that the laundry room was stocked with beach accessories (chairs, towels, toys).

Prior to selecting a condo at Madeira Beach, I knew I wanted 3 things: 1) Ocean front balcony, 2) Hot tub, 3) Heated pool. I was hesitant to book at Madeira Vista because there were no balconies, and no hot tub. However, I quickly realized that these "missing" amenities wouldn't be noticed at all!

There are no balconies- but it truly doesn't matter. The enormous windows are about as "ocean front" as you can get, and they all open up. To be honest, I enjoyed opening the windows and drinking my coffee in a recliner versus sitting in a lawn chair on a balcony. You still experience the ocean breeze and sounds, just with a window screen in between. The absence of a hot tub was not a problem either- there is a nice sized swimming pool that is kept VERY warm. Even on chilly nights, it was very relaxing to float around in the pool.

On the ground floor, where many condos create parking areas, Madeira Vista has built a wonderful deck equipped with electric grills. It was really nice to grill while having a direct view of the ocean. There were picnic tables down there where you could eat, and also benches that were right next to the sand (but offered shade from the sun). Many mornings, I saw guests/residents sitting there with on those benches with coffee and books.

The staff at Madeira Vista is wonderful. Jack was very helpful through the booking process and provided great info one day when we saw him on the "deck." John, the on-site manager, always made himself available to us. Both of them made us feel very welcome and safe at the condo. This was my first time renting a beach condo from the internet. I discovered Maderia Vista on VRBO, and then booked through the facility directly. Looking forward to visiting again!

Oh- and the video on youtube is EXACTLY what our condo looked like. Great resource if you are trying to select a unit!

Room Tip: 607 is a great option for 2 couples traveling together. Both rooms face the parking lot (but who rea...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Meghan621

Greetings from the beach!

Thanks for the great review! I know the owners of unit #607 will enjoy reading it, as well. All of our rooms have a King bed in one bedroom -- the bedding situation in the second bedroom varies for your choice. I am glad you were able to choose the one that worked out best for you.

I feel like this is a recording, but thanks for mentioning how our setup is actually superior to the porch-style balconies. I am with you all the way -- give me a recliner, not a plastic chair! LOL

Our pool is not a hot tub, but it is heated with both solar panels and natural gas. I am glad you enjoyed it.

When are you coming back? :-)

Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just back from our vacation at Madeira Vista. Never rented a condo or reserved a place on the internet. I was a little scared but decided to just go for it. All the great reviews and the videos of the condos just made it feel it was the one. Boy was it! What a great place! Your right there, right on the beach. If you got any closer to the water you would be in it! Everything went very smooth to rent it. We rented condo 203 that was well appointed and upgraded. It was clean and had everything we needed. When we first walked in, it was exactly like the video showed. Right down to the table center piece. The bed was very comfortable. The view was amazing!!!! The blended balcony as they call it, was great for my 91 year old mother who couldn't be in the sun. You could open the windows and hear the sound of the waves. We so enjoyed having our coffee every morning watching the dolphins. Yes we saw dolphins every morning! The sunsets were so beautiful. They have two elevators so we never had to wait. One of the best places at Madeira Vista was the deck beneath the condos. It had electric grills and plenty of picnic tables. The cool breeze coming through was so relaxing. My whole family visiting loved it. Johns Pass was only 5 min away. This is a small quiet condo with mostly elderly. It is not the party type place. Though we never used the pool, it looked clean and well cared for. John was always doing something to maintain the building. He was always there to answer our questions. We had a small issue that he took care immediately. What more can I say! This is a small, beautiful, well cared for condo with amazing views right on the beach! We have already talked about going back. Don't miss out. You will love it!

Room Tip: Watch the videos to decide what condo you would like to rent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Giangiulio C

Thanks for the great review!

I had not thought about the "not overdoing the direct sun" aspect of our balconies. You may have given me a new advertising idea! LOL

I am glad that you (and your mom) had such a good time, and I hope you return soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our week at Madeira Vista was great. It is right on the beach where you can watch the sunset every evening. We stayed in unit 205 and took a tour of two other units. All the units we saw were clean and just like the videos presented by Jack. We enjoyed the blended balcony where you can open the windows and get the full sound of he surf. But better yet go downstairs and relax on the beach. Grilling in the lower deck area while watching the dolphins play was a pleasure. The lower floors are more susceptible to noise from activities on the beach, so if you want maximum quiet choose an upper floor. John, who lives on property, was super friendly and does an excellent job managing the facility. Everything was clean and in good repair. We will be back.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ron C

HI, Ron!

Thanks for the review. Once again, thanks especially for mentioning our blended balconies in a positive way. I once stayed in a building with "real" (porch-like) balconies, and frankly I found it annoying that I couldn't really see unless I went through a door to sit on a plastic chair on a concrete floor. In our building, you can watch TV from your sofa and still see the beach and dolphins -- if the windows are opened, you can also hear and smell the beach and enjoy the breeze!

Thanks also for being one of the many people who have mentioned what a good job John does taking care of the facility. We are one of the only building with a live-in onsite manager, and we feel that this is a great benefit for everyone.

When are you coming back? :-)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wow, We vacationed here for 4 weeks from 21st August - 19th September 2013 and it was such a fantastic place to spend our time, we did not want to leave by the end of our vacation.

This holiday was going to be our last big one in America as it is becoming such a long way for us to travel but after staying at Madeira Vista Condos then we will be back again next year, God willing. We woke almost every morning to the sight of dolphins swimming past, beckoning us to join them in the sea below.

We stayed in an apartment on the 6th floor and the views from the windows was breathtaking, we really did not want to leave and most days we stayed in the apartment or went down on the beach.

The apartment had all the amenities that we wanted and we felt we knew where we were going before we arrived as the website is so good and we had a look around most of them before choosing which to stay in for our vacation.

Jack was only a phone call away if we had any problems and John (on-Site Manager) was a lovely man and very approachable. The pool area has just been refurbished and it looks lovely and is super warm, we had it to ourselves most days as other residents were going on the beach and in the sea.

I could write a book about the apartment and surroundng area but the website speaks for itself, all information is on there. There is a nice little bar across the road "The Daquiri Shak" where my husband went and had a drink or two most nights. We also played golf at a couple of courses, one that we liked very much was Baypoint Golf Course, which is only about 15 mins away by car and it is only a short course, which in the heat was just enough.

Something of interest for anybody from any Country is a trip to the Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Stadium, even if you are not interested in baseball, as a lot of English people have no experience of this game, it is a great fun razamataz.

The cheapest night out is at the Dog Track at Derby Lanes on Gandy Boulevard, which is not too far away either, it is a great night out and free to enter, the programme costs $1.25 and you can bet as little as $2, we went 3 times and won $80 in all, which paid for a lovely meal at Harold Seltzers restaurant, on Tyrone Blvd.

Oh, I do hope we can make it back next year and have the same apartment.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be any apartment in this complex that would not be a pleasure to stay...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gill L

Wow, thanks for the great review.

I have to disagree with one thing you said -- Derby Lane has never been as "inexpensive" for me as it was for you. What's your secret? :-)

Words like "best ever" and comments like "we weren't going to come back to the States until we found you" just warm my heart.

Thanks, and see you on August 20th of 2014. (It wasn't hard to figure out who you were --- lol)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times, in various units. We have never been less than very happy.
The building has six storeys, but the ground floor is basically stilts to hold up the rest of the building. My guess is this was designed to prevent flooding if a hurricane were to come.
The units are all ocean front plain and simple, not fancy words like ocean view or partial ...
if you jumped out the window you would land on the sand!!
The ground floor under the building is set up as a big wooden deck, with picnic tables and complimentary barbqs(4) and is well lit at night, allowing people to play cards or backgammon etc
The pool is always clean and well kept(nicely heated), with plenty of lounges and some umbrella tables, because there are only about 35 units there is never any crowding.
Each unit has a reserved parking spot with a few extra spots for visitors. there is a manager on site to make life easier for guests and residents. The unit owners are sometimes here personally, and the units rented out when they are not here.
The only possible downside is that the units do not have balconies, but with the beachfront benches and tables downstairs(two elevators) it isn't a major issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank John B
MadeiraVistaManager, Manager at Madeira Vista Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

Thanks for the great and thorough review! We will see you next year. :-)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at unit 504 from July 13th till the 27th. The location was perfect.
Close to everything. The complex is very nice: we loved the pool area and the deck w/ B-B-Q was always COOL to hang around: Charming w/ family having B-B-Q, friends playing cards at night ...
Our parking spot was great. Unit 504 was perfect for our vacation even though the kitchen could use a little make over, window dressing too. I thought that not having a balcony would be a bummer but the view with those big windows was so amazing that it was actually ok. Sunsets are a MUST. We even saw dolphins swimming by quite often in late afternoons. We would recommend for sure this place to our friends. Clean and well taking care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Carole6321

Greetings from the beach and thanks for the review!

I spend a lot of time trying to explain our blended balconies to people, but it is the reviews from people like you that really make the difference. Thank you.

I tell people that if you don't see the dolphins, it because you weren't watching for them. Dolphins don't punch a clock, but the few hours just before sunset seem to be ideal times to watch for them.

See you next year, I hope!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
#5 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Madeira Vista Condominiums? Share your experiences!