“excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Ithaca, New York
“excellent”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stopped here while traveling through the area and were very pleasantly surprised. It feels like a local place--almost a diner experience--but the food was as good as many upscale restaurants while both inexpensive and large portions. We had both broiled fish and red meat and it was all good. Service was fine.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank rickandjosie

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food, great prices”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you want a good Seafood dinner for a great price, this is the place to go. They specialize in seafood, but as you've probably read in other reviews, they have other stuff, too. The steaks are surprisingly good for the non-fish eaters. They also give a senior discount. The staff is very friendly and helpful and I try to go every time we're in town visiting family.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank taximom212
Jacksonville, Florida
“If you want something different besides good seafood try the fried Quail.”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

About once every two months I go out to Macclenny, Fl. for fried Quail. Sure I could pick it up at the local supermarket and cook it at home. But then my kitchen smells for days. Almost every time I have gone to Pier 6 I get the Fried Quail I have had the seafood and its good. But the main reason I go 31 miles one way is to get the Quail dinner. The dinner is Two Quails with two sides and a slice of garlic bread. Which cost $11.99 and a soda or tea runs about $1.99. Now I don't know if you have had Quail its a game bird that is also farm raised. And is a great game bird to eat. The Pier 6 has been around Macclenny, Fl. for several years I'm not sure if its always been called Pier 6 for I and a Friend have been going here for about five years. The restaurant was remodeled over a year ago and new easier bathrooms were added for the Customers. Macclenny Fl is right off of Interstate 10. The staff at the Pier 6 are good people. And if you like Quail its worth the trip!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank itellitlikeitis
Atlanta
“Atmosphere crappy, food decent”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

A client brought me here for lunch. Not too many options in Macclenny. The booths were tiny and the place has obviously been around for a while. It was busy for lunch, which says to me that their quality is consistent and enjoyed by locals. I would say this seafood place is quite a few steps above a Captain D's and quite a few steps below a Bonefish. Not a place to have a ritzy business lunch, but decent for fried casual seafood. Salad was a joke. Four stars because it is what it looks like from the exterior.

Visited August 2011
FL
“I won't go again”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Used to be ok for a quick lunch, if you don't mind a lot of fried food. They have recently undergone remodeling tho- now it's noisier than before, and workmen sledgehammered away during lunch.