“Sorry excuse for barbeque, only plus is quantity of sides” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Macclenny
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Bogart, Georgia
“Sorry excuse for barbeque, only plus is quantity of sides”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Boy, did we goof! Traveling from Tallahassee to Jacksonville you don't have many exits and fast food joints are about all there is. I didn't want a hamburger so I noticed the sign for this place. I ordered beef brisket (being from Texas, it's one of my favorite foods) even though it is very risky cause not everyone knows how to smoke and barbeque brisket. My wife had 'smoked' turkey. Service was slow and the meat was terrible. No smoked taste, no real taste at all and my brisket was even salty tasting. The sauces on the table weren't even any good. Large helpings of pretty good beans, cole slaw and French fries kept it from a 'terrible' rating. Service was so bad, we couldn't get the waitress to come get our ticket and charge card so we finally just left cash and got the heck out of there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly servers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't really go to woodys for the food, I go cause its really the only place for BBQ in the area and because the staff is very friendly.

Atlanta, Georgia
“A great discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We love bar-b-q and when traveling we search for new places to try out. Most of the time we are very disappointed. Seems like a lot bar-b-q joints think the slow cooking should be done in a crock pot. Well Woody's is the real deal! It is a chain and it seems most are in Florida. Because we missed an exit off of I-10, we took the next exit at Macclenny, Fl and there it was. They have a full bar with a great selection of draft beers and large screen TV's on the walls. This is a real nice restaurant. Staff was friendly and helpful and service was great. But the most important part of this stop was the great bar-b-q. I had the ribs and wife had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were exceptional. The bad news is that they don't have a restaurant near us in North Georgia. If you like bar-b-q, try them. You will like it.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Coconut Cream Pie ~ OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

All I can say is OMG! the coconut cream pie is AWESOME!!!!!!

As we were traveling on I-10 it was time for something to eat and we wanted something more than a quick burger so I found Woody's BBQ on Trip Advisor & we decided to give it a try.

I had ordered the 1/2 rack of baby back ribs and fried shrimp. The ribs were very good and the meat fell off the bones. YUM! Six good size shrimp came with the meal. You also have your choice of two sides. I had the cole slaw and sweet potato. Both were very good. My husband ordered the 1/2 rack of baby back ribs, cole slaw & baked beans. Even though the beans are supposed to be their secret recipe, he said they were like canned baked beans.

They serve beer or mixed drinks & I believe wine. Our beers were buy one get one free.

After dinner we were very full and couldn't eat any dessert at that time. But, my husband suggested that we take a piece for later as we had a cooler. About three hours later I had the pie. I'm still thinking about it today. I'm so glad the previous reviewer commented on the coconut cream pie. It is to die for and a GREAT REASON to stop again!!!! The rest of the meal was very good as well.

The servers were very friendly & efficient!!!! The food came out very fast.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nclark62044
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Tasty fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Perfect stop off I-10 to break up a long drive. Country music playing softly in the background, friendly efficient service up close. Fresh salad with light buttermilk ranch dressing -- also good on a generous basket of fried okra. Ribs were delicious. Save room for the coconut cream pie with thick coconut shavings on top. Yum!

1 Thank KauaiNatureGirl

Been to Woody's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!