Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lynn Haven
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Rooms are well appointed, breakfast is plentiful with many offerings, staff are cool!
The property is well maintained, indoor pool is nice too, I'll Be Back (said like ARNOLD).

nice location away from the beach, but just 12 miles from the white sands.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very nice hotel. Comfy bed. Clean room. The room & furniture were very nicely arranged so that you didn't feel like you were in 'just another motel room'. Everything was great until we lay down to sleep. . The walls must be paper thin! Both rooms on either side of us had loud people who talked & carried on till way after we finally fell asleep! Yes, we considered calling the front desk, but decided to not start any trouble. Otherwise, we loved the place.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked directly through their website. When I checked in, they told me there is an extra $60.00 charge for my 9 lb. dog. I explained when I booked the room, I agreed to $100/night for one King for my mother and $120/night for one King for me, my husband and my small dog. They insisted in this additional $60 charge. I had no choice since it was July 3rd and we had just driven 10 1/2 hours from Texas with my 88 year old mother. Then both my mother and my husband are AARP members. They gave us the AARP discount on one room one night and told me at check out that rates are subject to change! On top of the rate issue, they actually take their continental breakfast down early and act like they are trying to get it down before anyone gets anything! I an so mad but what can a person do!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed when my grand daughter had a volleyball tournament in Lynn Haven Front desk gave my son and his family a hard time checking in. We checked in same day and was charged for 3 rooms on my card. pool area was nasty hair was floating in sauna . blood was on my sheets. No one tried to do anything about this nasty room. Bathroom was not cleanned. toilet paper roll not changed, This was a really nasty hotel No one has returned my call concerning this matter was told supervisor would call but I guess they do not care about their guest be careful when staying there check your sheets

Room Tip: do not stop here
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year for several months. The general manager never took time to thank me for my business nor even spoke to me. The hotel charged my charge card for a night after I left when I was not even in Florida. Didn't catch it until later. The general manager want even talk to me about the situation. So if you stay there you better watch your charge card for months.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ken w
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed here right after Thanksgiving. The front desk staff is the best. The bathroom had something on the walls that looked like mold. I called the front desk and I was moved to a better room immediately. The rooms are nice and big, which, is good. There is a very small breakfast and the staff that oversees this part leave a lot to be desired. It is a good distance from the water, but if your here for business then it won't matter. I would suggest that if you stay here make sure you use it as place to lay your head only.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank WorldTvlr
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I can't say enough about this hotel! First, I'm very hard to please. I wasn't expecting to be wowed (I'm usually disappointed with hotels today). This was such a wonderful surprise!

We were in the process of moving so we stayed 3 nights. Cecilia, guest services, checked us in late the first night. She was very kind and seemed genuinely happy to be there (this was a common theme with employees here-something you don't see often anymore today in this industry).

They have a 24 hr gym and indoor pool which is open 5am-midnight. Both were very clean and well kept! I was even surprised to find swim diapers available (at no extra cost)...this is great when you have 2 under 2, and didn't plan on there being an indoor pool :)

Next wonderful surprise: the room! It was more than I was expecting for the price! Also with it bring a pet friendly hotel I expected a smell (there was a slight animal smell in the hallway outside, but the room was fresh, no hint of animal whatsoever). The beds were comfortable. The room was clean. I'm a bit of a clean freak, so it only got a 4, but it was very close to getting a 5, they do a great job keeping it clean. The only cons I find here were: it was an older tv, most places have upgraded to the flat screens, and the bathroom is a bit on the small side.

On to the next great surprise, breakfast!! Normally places have cold continental breakfast, well they had several options:eggs, breakfast meat (everyday was different during our stay, bacon, sausage links, sausage patties), biscuits, toast, bagels, english muffins, pastries, assorted muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and waffles! Also milk, oj, apple juice, coffee & tea available. Chuck was the breakfast guy :) he was extremely helpful and very friendly!! I actually screwed up a waffle and he came over and cleaned everything up and made me another! He was always making sure everything was full and readily available, and clean!!! He made our breakfasts very enjoyable!

Last but not least, Maria in guest services, she was there in the mornings. Even when she was busy she was very helpful, and kind (again you don't find this often at a hotel anymore!). She made check out quick and easy as well.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better place. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! I would even save the money you shell out staying on the beach, stay here instead and drive over! They really make you feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2011
Red Roof Inn Panama City
Red Roof Inn Panama City
#4 of 31 in Panama City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven? Share your experiences!