“General Manager not so friendly”

Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lynn Haven
Bogart, Georgia
“General Manager not so friendly”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year for several months. The general manager never took time to thank me for my business nor even spoke to me. The hotel charged my charge card for a night after I left when I was not even in Florida. Didn't catch it until later. The general manager want even talk to me about the situation. So if you stay there you better watch your charge card for months.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ken w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
charlotte
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed here right after Thanksgiving. The front desk staff is the best. The bathroom had something on the walls that looked like mold. I called the front desk and I was moved to a better room immediately. The rooms are nice and big, which, is good. There is a very small breakfast and the staff that oversees this part leave a lot to be desired. It is a good distance from the water, but if your here for business then it won't matter. I would suggest that if you stay here make sure you use it as place to lay your head only.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank WorldTvlr
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I can't say enough about this hotel! First, I'm very hard to please. I wasn't expecting to be wowed (I'm usually disappointed with hotels today). This was such a wonderful surprise!

We were in the process of moving so we stayed 3 nights. Cecilia, guest services, checked us in late the first night. She was very kind and seemed genuinely happy to be there (this was a common theme with employees here-something you don't see often anymore today in this industry).

They have a 24 hr gym and indoor pool which is open 5am-midnight. Both were very clean and well kept! I was even surprised to find swim diapers available (at no extra cost)...this is great when you have 2 under 2, and didn't plan on there being an indoor pool :)

Next wonderful surprise: the room! It was more than I was expecting for the price! Also with it bring a pet friendly hotel I expected a smell (there was a slight animal smell in the hallway outside, but the room was fresh, no hint of animal whatsoever). The beds were comfortable. The room was clean. I'm a bit of a clean freak, so it only got a 4, but it was very close to getting a 5, they do a great job keeping it clean. The only cons I find here were: it was an older tv, most places have upgraded to the flat screens, and the bathroom is a bit on the small side.

On to the next great surprise, breakfast!! Normally places have cold continental breakfast, well they had several options:eggs, breakfast meat (everyday was different during our stay, bacon, sausage links, sausage patties), biscuits, toast, bagels, english muffins, pastries, assorted muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and waffles! Also milk, oj, apple juice, coffee & tea available. Chuck was the breakfast guy :) he was extremely helpful and very friendly!! I actually screwed up a waffle and he came over and cleaned everything up and made me another! He was always making sure everything was full and readily available, and clean!!! He made our breakfasts very enjoyable!

Last but not least, Maria in guest services, she was there in the mornings. Even when she was busy she was very helpful, and kind (again you don't find this often at a hotel anymore!). She made check out quick and easy as well.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better place. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! I would even save the money you shell out staying on the beach, stay here instead and drive over! They really make you feel at home.

• Stayed November 2011
atlanta, ga
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Currently in-house so the good and bad are :
This hotel is about 15 miles from the PCB area-though I wanted to stay on the beach, after visiting some rooms in the properties on Front Beach Rd. and pricing being high for the quality (the beach hotels give you bed bugs and dirt for free though :( - I decided on this property for the pricing and reviews on TA. Check-in was smooth and welcoming. Marie is professional but likes her guests so she makes you feel like your money is appreciated. Ivette was very accommodating to my needs for maps and such. Chris was the late night desk agent who was quiet but nice.
Rooms are a little older than the new style of Wingates, but being a property older than 5 years, that's to be expected. Big rooms, clean linens and bathroom, and none of that funky beach smell you can get at the properties at the ocean.
It is a bit of a long drive to the beach due to the red lights and such, but it is only 2 right turns as far as directions go. Nice indoor pool and whirlpool with plenty of tables and chairs for families and an outdoor patio with clean, well-maintained furniture.
If travelling to PCB and you want to beat the beach front pricing for worn-down rooms and lousy customer service, stay at the Wingate in Lynn Haven- it is cheaper and you will be better off in a comfortable room. Parking is free at the beach.

Room Tip: Book ahead- the rooms with 2 queen beds sell-out quick.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Panama City, FL
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We recently stayed at this property as we were in town to visit family. The room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very pleasant. My husband had the breakfast which was ok. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We were happy with this hotel. Front desk staff is very professional, polite and helpful. The beds are semi soft and comfortable. Everything you need in the room is there. The room was very humid and the AC did little to rid this problem. The carpet always felt damp which I'm not sure if its from the humidity or if it needs a good cleaning. We used the pool, sauna and jacuzzi which all were in good condition. There were some unruly kids in the pool area which the front desk staff put an end too within about 15 minutes. The breakfast staff was extremely helpful with service. It was a typical hotel small hot breakfast buffet. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were traveling for both business and pleasure. Things I rate on top for this hotel:

Cleanliness and good maintenance
Staff friendly and accomodating
Breakfast is plenty adequate & decent, a step or two above continental
Rooms have microwave and frig
Indoor pool and jacuzzi and a sauna! - nice
Fitness room - plenty adequate

All in all, this hotel was perfect for the money. I was a little confused about the towels. There was a card that said, "Our towels are white. Our hotel is green." Meaning if you wanted to reuse your towels, you would need to hang them after using, otherwise they would get replaced. I read that a little late & didn't hang my towels. I'll know next time.

There's a little hole in the wall place about 3 or so miles north of here called, "Fish Nets". Don't let the name fool you. It's a meat and 3. It's where the locals eat and it's terrific.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panam...
#26 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
#2 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven? Share your experiences!