“Best banana pudding. Period.”
Review of JR Ribshack - CLOSED

JR Ribshack
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 26, 2013

So good. As is the beef, chicken, burger, and alllllll of the sides. Really, we haven't had anything bad here. Kiddos eat free on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Definite bargain for the tots.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm a big fan of JR Ribshack. There is nothing fancy about it just great food with good sized portions at a reasonable price. Whenever I see their mobile operation at an event I always make sure to at least get a pulled pork sandwich.

1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I don't find any satisfaction in berating a "mom and pop" place, but we are here for honest, forthcoming reviews. I recently ordered a bit of everything for a small gathering. This included: pulled pork sandwiches, beef brisket, bar b cue chicken, pork ribs, garlic bread, fries, and their mild and hot sauces. The best item was their ribs, as they tasted as if someone actually took time to season and smoke them to the best of their ability, although, they were nothing special. Every other item was so poorly prepared that no one in my party finished one item in its entirety. The chicken was very oily for chicken. The pork sandwich was lacking in portion and tasted quite bland. The "chopped brisket", at least that's how it was described to me, honestly tasted like precooked deli beef that had been sliced and stewed in a pot of beef broth in preparation before serving. Very confusing. The garlic toast reminded me of Texas toast that had been drenched in popcorn butter. French fries were a typical frozen variety. Their bar b cue sauces were generic flavors that most of us have encountered in similar restaurants. Nothing original there, which was disappointing because sometimes a fantastic homemade sauce can render even the worst bar b cue slightly tolerable.
The service was just ok, although when entering the empty restaurant to pick up my carry out order, there were at least 4 tables in need of bussing and there were the same 4 in need as I left.
This place must have a loyal following as I can't imagine many walk in customers satisfied with their bar b cue experience.

1  Thank JimmyJ
Reviewed February 11, 2012

we ordered the beef plate and it hah about 2onces of liquid fat we were unable to eat it spoke to Randy and all he said was that s because i piled the beef on the plate .the fries and beans were very good nothing else was.

1  Thank socks2011