“Food good, waiter stinks”
Review of Aquafinz - CLOSED

Aquafinz
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chef crafted menu sets this location apart from the chains~ enjoy nightly specials designed for the North Tampa market, you can taste the care & quality in each meal we serve....Join us nighty for better food on 54
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I made reservation for 7:15 on Friday to celebrate an early Valentines Day. We had hear that this was the same people that had owned Splash and took a chance.
First problem was that David, our waiter, took WAY too long to greet us and take our drink order. Once we ordered drinks we ordered the Lobster Bisque as an app. I had the Saturday night special of prime rib and lobster, and the wife had the seafood pasta.

After 15 minutes of waiting we had to flag down our waiter and asked where the app was? Oh sorry I will bring it right out.... seriously? Some other waiter brought the food, and our waiter never checked back to see if we needed anything.

Luckily it didn't completely ruin the dinner. The Lobster bisque is excellent and the two entrees were good as well. Prices were reasonable. Just the wait staff stinks!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was looking forward to my one night out a week and thought this restaurant looked great. The menu we were given once we got there was not the menu advertised online. We asked for the dishes we had prepared to order and they no longer make them. We took a suggestion of trying the stuffed calamari appetizer and were sadly disappointed. It was watery and small. The stuffing had absolutely no flavor. We ordered the shrimp, scallop, and lobster tail dish and it had no flavor either. The pasta was completely overcooked. The manager was clueless. The waitstaff was awful besides our waitress who tried her best with no good resources. I was brought my seafood dish and the kitchen forgot the SEAFOOD! I had to send it back and they laughed and resent it back out with my seafood now on it saying, opps, haha we forgot to put the seafood on the seafood dish! Once I got the food back and tried it, it tasted like someone poured chili on top of seafood and pasta. It was awful! We both did not eat our meals and the staff didn't respond all the times we tried to stop someone to fill our waters and track down our waitress. Will never go back.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I had a meal at Aquafinz on a recent Sat. night, this was our first visit. We were past patrons of the Splash restaurant and heard that Aquafinz was now being managed by that crew. Since we were fans of Splash, we thought we should give Aquafinz a try.

The place is very clean and nicely decorated (not sure how a recent reviewer could have called this place dirty, we certainly had no complaints in this regard).

The menu is very similar to Splash, seafood centric with a few chicken and beef entrees. The food items ordered by my wife and I this visit included: Gumbo soup appetizer, Filet Mignon with garlic mashed entrée and Pretzel coated cod with saffron rice entrée.

The warm bread with garlic butter was a very nice starter. The Gumbo was excellent but be warned that a bowl is way too filling before a full meal. I'd opt for a cup next time. Wife's Filet Mignon was cooked perfectly and was a good quality steak. Garlic mashed was above average. The real star of the night was the Pretzel coated cod. Weird sounding but the combo really worked well. The cod was very moist and the mustard based cream sauce was marvelous. One of the better fish entrees I've ever had.

Service throughout the meal was also perfect, no issues there.

We will definitely return to Aquafinz in the near future.

1  Thank kviolasr
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Bread was brought on a plate 3 pieces for 4 people, chewy, dry (microwaved).
Food not to many choices.
Place is not clean by no means. Our server was wearing like people wear at work( dirty & sloppy and old) but the guy has no experience at all. But he was trying, he was nice.

Tables, and cleanliness not too good. Loud , loud kids running around screaming. Will never go back sorry not this one.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Shrimp in linguine was really outstanding, French fries are the BEST I have had - maybe EVER! Great place to stoop along Suncoast Interstate

1  Thank Compice