“Just another restuarant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquafinz - CLOSED

Aquafinz
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef crafted menu sets this location apart from the chains~ enjoy nightly specials designed for the North Tampa market, you can taste the care & quality in each meal we serve....Join us nighty for better food on 54
Land O Lakes, FL
“Just another restuarant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently dined at Aquafinz, the newest resturaunt in the State Road 54/Suncoast Parkway corridor. We were part of a large group.

The food was good. The service was excellent considering the 60+ size of our group. The coffee was weak (I judge a resturaunt by its coffee. It's the little details). My steak was OK. Nothing you couldn't get at Outback for a much lower price. My wife's shrimp dish was good according to her. Once again, nothing to die for.

Considering the price, etc., I will most likely not go back to Aquafinz. I wish them luck. You have to do much better than they are to be charging the fine dining prices on their menu.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sailr

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Second time much better than the first”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The family really wanted to like this new place. But our first visit was a complete bomb. The food did not come right, things got mixed up with the orders, it all went down hill as we sat and waited. The thing is, the help were outstanding and the place had a nice feel. It was new, so we tried again on Easter Sunday, the "brunch".
This was much better, but only by comparison. The brunch was really just order off the menu while they added a drink to the deal. We were not looking for this, but we stayed. This time the food was at least worthy.

Specifics on food. Lobster pot pie is not worthy. It tastes like pea soup with some lobster and a pastry topping it. I really wanted to like it but I just could not.

The AVOCADO EGG ROLLS are out of this world! They cut two in half to make four if you have a family so they don't go far, but I highly recommend them.
I had the mushroom Swiss burger for Easter after learning that the "brunch" was misrepresented. It was fine, but I had intended to have a brunch. We made reservations and everything just for this place and then they really let us down with that change up.

I really think this place can get it right eventually. I have hopes at least. We may revisit in a few months.

The reason this review is tardy is that I had to submit the new place to Trip Advisor!

A neat feature is the bar is lit up in blue light by the way.

• Visited March 2013