“I've dined here since 2007 ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Splash! An Ocean Grill - CLOSED

Splash! An Ocean Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tampa, Florida
“I've dined here since 2007 ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I moved to the area in late 2007 and Splash was one of the first places I tried. It's in a local strip center in Lutz. If you're a tourist you won't likely find your way that far North or that far inland. But, having moved there, I wanted to find out where the locals hang-out and what they like. On my first trip there I met one of the Owners, Kevin Wright and learned a little bit about how he and his partners had come to strike out on their own. It's nice that he and the other Owner's take the time and interest to meet their patrons.

I have had numerous excellent meals at Splash, and enjoyed some really excellent wine. I think through the years the server staff can best be described as mediocre. Not one of them springs to mind by name to offer a compliment about.

The decor is fine for the locale and it has always been clean. I live a little farther South now so I don't get up to Lutz much anymore but will make a point to stop in as often as I travel through.

• Visited January 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Great lunch spot - very happy with the food quality and taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have eaten here before, but never for lunch. We had a groupon, which they gladly accepted. I had a veal marsala. I heard (and walked by) the chef pounding the veal, so I was impressed that it was made to order versus pre-pounded veal. My wife had Lobster Bisque and Signature salad - both were very good. The dinner rolls were also surprisingly good. Waiter was excellent and very attentive. They have a nice listing of dinner specials as well such as Fish Taco night, Steak Night, etc which seem very reasonably priced. We will come back!

• Visited October 2012
“Splash!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food is good enough but not sure if it is worthy of the high price point. It's location isn't quite close enough for me to go very often. They only have one location in North Tampa.

“Best seafood in Tampa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants. We've gone here for numerous birthdays, anniversaries, valentines day, etc. The seafood is always top notch and there are excellent items if you're not a seafood fan. We also enjoy the Sunday brunch.

Lutz, Florida
“Great restaurant in Lutz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Ocean Grill is a fantastic restaurant. They offer a great menu selection, friendly, knowledgeable staff and the food is wonderful. They also offer great daily specials that make week day dining out affordable.

• Visited August 2012