“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Everything but the Ruben is good. The Ruben has a lot of fat on the meat, it's almost 50% fat. Was nasty. But all the other food is good. We usually get pizza. But it's worth the trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is truly a hidden gem in Tampa!!!! Really, it really is! We go out to dinner ALOT, like 6 nights a week, the food here is simply awesome. They make every effort to put locally farmed items on their diverse menu. If you haven't been here yet ....Get there! The service is great! Great! We will sooooooo be back! Thanks for an awesome experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This is by far my favorite place to eat. Everything is fresh and home made... From Meats to dressings to desserts. I like the fact that they support local farms. Produce is mainly local and many times organic! The menu has a vast selection of items. Their starters and tapas have something for every taste. I recently tried the crab and corn fritters (omg!!! delicious!). The entrees are exquisite as well. Pizza is my all time favorite at the gathering place. Thin crust, perfectly baked in their wood fired oven, and endless combination of toppings is a must! Specialty drinks are delicious and reasonable (best strawberry mojito and killer margarita). If you are a craft beer lover like me, this is also the lace to be. The gathering place is home to an array of carefully selected american craft beers. Selection is always fresh and exciting. from a refreshing wheat beer to a heavy tasteful stout! Atmosphere is very relaxed and makes for a great night out with friends or a fun night with the family. Happy hour every day, as well as weekly specials. Live music every Friday night and trivia every Tuesday! They recently added a few more big screens by the bar, now Sundays I know where to watch the games, eat some amazing smoked wings and have a refreshing beer :)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The menu sounds amazing... each dish sounds better than the next. Gourmet, organic, free-range... all the nouve things you want to hear in a cool local joint.
In reality- the food was plain.
I got fish tacos- the shell was like eating paper, the fish was overcooked.
My husband got the burger- it was overcooked and unseasoned
My friend got the duck wings (he had no complaints)
His wife got grilled cheese- on half was deliciousm the other had no cheese?

The waiter was about 15 and couldn't care less about refilling drinks, asking how things are, etc.

I wanted more from this place. I'll give another shot, but for now- "Meh".

gatheringplace, Owner at The Gathering Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we like to hear from our customers, whether it is positive or negative. I'm really sorry that your experience was not good. We want our guests to be happy with all aspects of The Gathering Place and try to please them if they are not having a good experience. It doesn't sound like your food was up to our normal standard and we would like for you to give us another try. If you choose to come in again, please ask for Sandy or Chris and we would like to treat you and your husband to a complimentary drink and we will make sure your food comes out as it's intended to do.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I visited because someone recommended this place. The food was very good and I like that they use local growers when possible. Nice atmosphere except for one thing. We sat at the last booth near the kitchen and I faced it. Honestly they need to take that booth away as even with the partition I was looking right into the kitchen and at the sink with the water just running and nobody there! Finally my husband switched seats with me. Service was very good and the live music as background was a nice touch!