“Good Food-Nice Music”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I visited because someone recommended this place. The food was very good and I like that they use local growers when possible. Nice atmosphere except for one thing. We sat at the last booth near the kitchen and I faced it. Honestly they need to take that booth away as even with the partition I was looking right into the kitchen and at the sink with the water just running and nobody there! Finally my husband switched seats with me. Service was very good and the live music as background was a nice touch!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I like this restaurant; they have different choices made fresh. There is a lot of seating and plenty of parking area.
In addition to the regular menu there are specials. This time we ordered the BBQ sliders but they were not very flavorful. Actually they were very ordinary with the exception of the price of pineapple on top. I have wanted to try the shrimp and grits, a meal that I have never had. I ordered it, there were 6 pieces of medium sized shrimp and a little sauce with a LOT of grits. The flavor was god but the portion was not what I was expecting.
We also tried the pretzel brownie and didn't find it to be special. It was a simple brownie with pretzel pieces baked it. The pretzel pieces were large and tasted stale. Crushed pretzel on top with the caramel sauce may have been as better to still get the salty element. In the past I have enjoyed the interesting dessert choices at the Gathering Place. The dessert with the donuts is good and different.
We have had several good meals here. They offer a good family eating place in Lutz.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a first visit to this restaurant. I arrived at 3:25 in the afternoon and asked if it was possible to have dinner menu options. I was told no, that dinner only started at 4:00 and the dinner menu was not possible. Ok - I understand. I ordered duck wings as an appetizer, a burger with gouda cheese, sweet potato fries. The wings were tasty, but borderline dry - needed to come off a couple of minutes ago. I ordered the burger medium rare, more on the rare side. It came out medium at best. Sent it back. The second burger was barely much better, charred on the bottom, but the server never found this out until I was on the last very dry bite of tasteless overpriced "organic" free range burger. The sweet potato fries were good. $19.45 for this crappy "gourmet" lunch. On the last bite when the server asked if everything was alright, I told her the burger was still on the medium side and she said "oh - sorry." I will never return to this wanna be gourmet restaurant that is really a sports bar - big TV in dining room. Uggh.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a great place with wonderful food. The staff is very friendly and polite. The specials are always changing and that keeps it fresh and changing on every visit. After one visit you will want to return many times.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I frequently enjoy this place. I would almost call it a hidden jewel. Service is always good and the food is tasty.