“Another excellent meal and service”
Review of The Gathering Place - CLOSED

The Gathering Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went here this past weekend with my girlfriend and we sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. She recommended a few drinks and food for us. We started out with the Calimari which has a few fried poblano peppers in it which gives it a nice flavor and it is complimented with a great marinara sauce. For dinner my girlfriend got the cheesesteak which she said was the best she has ever had and I got a burger and added the horseradish sauce that they put on the prime rib sandwich and it came out perfect. I will definitely be back soon to try something else on their menu.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We eat here regularly and always enjoy it. Sometimes they have live music (someone playing the guitar/ singing) and that's always enjoyable. Lots of options with regards to both micro brews and pizza. We've always had excellent service and the staff is very friendly. I love to support locally owned places like this, but it's the great food and service that keeps us coming back!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We bought a groupon for this new Lutz restaurant and recently went there for dinner. We were excited about the place since Lutz can really use a few new eating places.

The menu is not huge but has a nice variety. One of the advertised specialties is the wood-fired pizzas, which we did try. We are originally from the northeast and have been largely unimpressed with FL pizza. The Gathering Place pies are made thin crust and personal sized (though they are a great shared app). We tested a basic Margharita pie and were pleased with the taste. Crust was done perfectly and the toppings were not overpowering.

The house Mac and Cheese was interesting (with pulled pork and a blended cheese sauce) but good. There was a pork chop dinner special the night we dined there (we didn't order this but many other diners seemed to be pleased with it).

Service was fine.

We do plan on returning to the Gathering Place for a 2nd visit.

1  Thank kviolasr
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Menu had a good selection of starters, and main meal. Kids menu was good also included dessert. We ordered gator bombs which were good but I do not think much gator meat is in them, also order the crab cakes, cakes were filled with plenty but you only get 2 cakes. I ordered the risotto which had shrimp, scallops, and clams in it but not much of seasoning to the risotto had to add salt, came out Luke warm not hot.
Service from waitress was great, she tended to the kids needs. Kids had pizza and macaroni, good portion size as it looked like they got more food for the buck then I did with the risotto.
Will most likely go again but order something different.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place is very clean when walking in - very nicely done. Has an amazing bar with lots to choose from and now for the pizza oh my god is amazing - haven't had pizza this good in a while. They have amazing specials all the time and is very well priced. All ingredients are top of the line.. We have been back several times already and will continue to come back. Def recommended - if you don't come you are missing out on an amazing place...

1  Thank Cadz07