“Great Food, Fun Evening”
Review of The Vine Bar - CLOSED

The Vine Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tried The Vine on a recommendation from a few friends and had a great experience. Even though the place was fairly crowded, the staff made sure that we were well taken care of and our waiter John was outstanding. The drinks were well made and the wine selection was outstanding.
The food was definitely the highlight. Presentation was very nice, hot selections were served hot and the quality was superb. Loved the fall-off-the-the bones ribs. My wife's red snapper was outstanding and my steak was perfect. Side dishes, led by the mac and cheese, did not disappoint. Finish with some great desserts including my favorite, their take on banana cream pie. Some family from NYC are visiting soon and can't wait to take them to The Vine and show them that great restaurants can be found outside of NYC.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A friend and I wanted to catch up so we decided to meet at The Vine for drinks. We were not very hungry so we decided to just have appetizers and cocktails. We found a nice table on the patio and settled in. We were there for a couple hours and the atmosphere was fun and friendly. The waiter was attentive and took our order quickly. The drinks were a little pricey but they were good. My friend had the chicken caesar salad and said it was good. I had the Island Flatbread and it was OK. I could have made it tastier in my kitchen for a lot less money. I've heard good compliments on the food here so I will have to give it another try, perhaps for a evening meal instead of just snack food and drinks.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I came here last year with a meetup group and the service was great. We got a separate room and I was impressed at the choices. I got the linguini and Lobster Mac & Cheese as a side. I barely touched the linguini because the Lobster Mac was sooooo good. I came back months later with my mom and even though we were the only ones there, we still got excellent service. The mac & cheese changed a bit but it was still good and I'd come back just for that.

1  Thank Indigowaters
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Vine Bar always has excellent service and great food. We ahve never left unhappy. They aim to please at every turn.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been 3 times... 1st was for wine & apps (they have a good happy hour for apps). 2nd was for wine only--got a great tasting flight. 3rd was a large party with drinks & apps and although the music was fun, the food was good, the service was SO slow & the wine was way overpriced (at least the bottle I ordered). Either way, I will return--not sure if for dinner or just a drinking spot.