All reviewsnice residencehotel catmarriott locationstandard amenitiesfresh eggsbedroom suitepremium outletsfire pitdrawer spaceprovided freeslept like a babyexercise roomroom pricemorning breakfastwithin easy walking distancerooms are greatgreat place to stay
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and found the experience to be a mixed bag. First the good news, the rooms are big, clean and very well stocked. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel seemed to be very quiet ven on a busy weekend. The main problem I have with the hotel revolves around issues we had with our room during our stay. to begin with the ice maker never worked and obviously the hotel knew about this issue because we had 2 ice cube trays in the freezer. We had requested extra towels as we knew that we would be at the beach on saturday and would be showering when we came back before going out for the evening. The requested towels were in the room when we checked in but when we returned to the hotel late saturday afternoon we realized that the housekeeping staff had used the extra towels to refresh our room. The next surprise was when we used the toilet and it just about over flowed. the night shift clerk came up with his trusty plunger and "fixed" the issue which reoccured the following morning at 6 am. The last issues that you need to be aware of if you are going to stay at the hotel are the parking, handicap and luggage cart issues. The hotel does not have adequate parking. if you arrive back at the hotel in the evening after 9 PM you are bound to wind up parking in the business parking lot on the side of the hotel. This is a dark lot and with no security and the obligatory park at your own risk signs made me very uncomfrtable. I could find only 2 handicap spots on the property whcih seemed to be taken all weekend. With my wife suffering a chronic issue this has been a problem each time we have stayed at the hotel. Lastly I need to ask why a 5 story hotel would have only 2 luggage carts. Sunday when checking out they were nowhere to be found and I wound up walking the parking lot and after 10 minutes was able to get one from a family that had just finished loading their car. As I was loading my car I was approached by an elderly gentleman asking me if he could have the cart when I was done. We never could find the second cart!

I want to make one additional comment that I found very strange. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and came back each night betwen 9 pm and 10 pm. We would come through the front door and NEVER saw a front desk clerk. it seems that they hide in the back until they know someone is waiting at the front desk. I found this very strange and somewhat unsettling.

All of these comments aside this is a very nice hotel that we have stayed at multiple times. I happen to be a Marriott Platinum Elite member and we travel to Tampa where we used to live 3 or 4 times each year. In the past we have stayed at the Residence Inn in the Westshore area but we like the quieter ambiance of this hotel. I would stay here again but I would hope that the management would realize that they need to step up their game a bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kirkmid
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

kirkmid,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your wife staying with us at Residence Inn. I have read your review in its entirety and appreciate your candid feedback. You have touched on areas where we can make improvements, so I'm glad to receive your comments. We enjoyed having you and your wife stay with us, so I hope we'll see you again the next time you're in Lutz. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel over the New Year's holiday as we were in town for a Lacrosse tourney nearby. The staff was very courteous and helpful, considering they had three full teams and several other guests at the hotel. Rooms were very clean, and stocked well with supplies. We did not cook, but they had everything you needed for that should that have come up. Breakfast was good and complementary, and all day coffee and tea hit the spot due to nonstop running. Overall, a great hotel that is well worth the nightly fee, and we would not hesitate to stay hear again.

Room Tip: Upper Floors, near stairway, very quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Queenie76,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed with us at Residence Inn. I'm glad you liked our property, staff, and complimentary breakfast. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel as it was fantastic! I previously stayed at the Homewood Suite in Port Richey and it was horrible stay at the Residence Inn and you will be satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

pocopicketNewYork,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to have had you stay with us, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your recommendation for future travelers! Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Lutz. We look forward to it.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay at Residence Inn quite a bit because of the convenience of having a small kitchen and eating area. Most of them, however, are older hotels, spread out like bungalows and with no elevators. The Residence Inn in Lutz, Florida was a very nice high-rise hotel with a high end feel. The rooms were smaller than in the older hotels, but still spacious. The room was contemporary and nicely decorated.
The breakfast area was also surprising. There were real dishes and real silverware!
I will definitely stay in this Residence Inn any time I'm in the area.

Linda H
Cambridge, IL

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Linda H,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm pleased to know that you liked our property and enjoyed our suites. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, but they need more parking. Food and drink are within walking distance and they are located close to the toll road for easy access to the Tampa area. The rooms are very nice with only a slight noise issue from other guest.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Scott_Smith6064,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm glad you liked our hotel and convenient location. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to it.