“Great fun!”

Lion Country Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: Rhinos, apes, giraffes and lions roam free in this drive-thru wildlife preserve that also runs a comprehensive conservation program to help replenish endangered species.
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the safari during our recent visit to the Palm Beach area. It was recommended by a friend who lives in the area. We are glad we did! It was nice to stay in our car, with A/C, and drive through at our own pace. We could pull over and take pictures or just observe without feeling rushed. The CD they give you to listen to as you drive through was informative and helpful. Plenty of exotic animals/wildlife to keep us interested. The animals are beautiful and didnt seem to notice we were there! They looked at you then kept on with their business. The lions were lounging around, very casual. The zebras were plentiful and beautiful. The giraffes were great. Rhinos, chimps, etc. all great. The goats at the petting zoo were fun and feeding them was a riot. All in all we had a great afternoon - an hour to drive through the safari, then a few hours walking around the amusements, zoo etc. would definitely visit again.

1  Thank courtbright
Lioncountrysafari, Guest Relations Manager at Lion Country Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell guests about your experience at Lion Country Safari. We are so glad to you to hear you had a great time. As Florida's only drive-through safari and walk-through amusement park we invite our guests to come spend the day on safari with over 900 animals. With animal displays and encounters, animal feeding experiences, 6 rides, water sprayground, food, shopping and more, you are sure to have a memorable experience at Lion Country Safari. We hope to see you on the safari again soon!

There are newer reviews for Lion Country Safari

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a wonderful time on the safari. There are such a variety of animals and I have never seen so many zebras and rhinos together in one place in my entire life (and I'm a big fan of zoos and we visit them in every city we travel to). You have to keep your window up for the entire safari trip but I found that I was able to take great pictures anyway. I was very impressed at the efforts made to educate as well as to learn and even more impressed that they participate in a primate observation program headed up by Dr. Jane Goodall. The first thing I ask myself when I leave a zoo is "Will there be children inspired to learn more about and to protect our beautiful, natural world because of this place?" The answer here is a resounding yes. There are also plenty of rides (such as a ferris wheel) to keep your children happy after the safari. There are misting stations for hot days.
My tips are: Come early. There is much more to do than even the advertisements can possibly convey. You can spend a day here from open to close, happy and entertained the entire time. We arrived around lunch and wished we had much more time. The park closes at 5 on weekdays and 5:30 on weekends and you need to be there at least before 4 to even do the safari because they stop selling tickets. If you are a photography enthusiast, an hours isn't even nearly enough time to complete the safari. Also, there are no restrooms on the drive through safari so have your children go before. Also, bring some change if you have small children and some dollar bills. There are drink machines throughout the park and a few quarter operated rides for small children.
The food was cafeteria line style and offered plenty of options. In addition to sandwiches, pizza and the usual items there were also nutri grain bars and graham crackers. We all had burgers and they were great and refills were free. The staff were all friendly and helpful.
I usually wouldn't recommend this part, but here don't forget to visit the gift shop. They have paintings for sell that completed by the animals in the park. We are now the proud owners of a large painting done by Manowari the giraffe (only $60 for such a unique piece) and it came with the backstory and a picture of him painting the piece. I also got a beautiful handmade wrap from Kenya and it was very inexpensive. There are many unique items.
The only disappointment I had was the small size and lack of variety in the petting zoo. Hands on contact is one of the best ways to get children interested in the beauty of nature and holds their attention more when you are educating them about the animal. All I saw were plain goats and sheep. A llama, some Nubian goats, a few other animals in a petting area would be great. I'm a big kid myself and I really love petting zoos.
The entrance was around $30 for adults, less for children and infants/small toddlers were free of course.

Head there, even if it's hours away. It's worth the trip for the amazing experience.

1  Thank r_l_spiller
Lioncountrysafari, Public Relations Manager at Lion Country Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell guests about your experience at Lion Country Safari. You had a very nice review about the park and added in some great tips for future guests! One of our goals at Lion Country Safari is to have our animals as close to their natural environment as possible. We try our best to educate the public on the importance of preserving and respecting our worlds natural wildlife.We do offer many activities throughout our walk through park that are family oriented and provide a fun and safe time for everyone. We have also expanded the park over the last few years adding an entire herd of Kulan, many new animal births, a safari sprayground, giraffe feeding exhibit, a gem/fossil panning exhibit, a ferris wheel, camel rides, budgie feeding aviary, special event pavilion, water balloon challenge and a 90ft Fun Slide. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back on the safari soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I keep going back to Lion Country Safari since it is a good outdoor activity for a hot day. You can sit in your air condition car and drive through the park in comfort. Of course the animals feel the same way too, so they sleep off the heat or sit under the trees... Nevertheless, I will keep going back this Park to feed the giraffes, and see the exotic animals.

Lioncountrysafari, Public Relations Manager at Lion Country Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Lion Country Safari. We encourage our guests to drive-through in the morning hours or later afternoon hours. We are looking forward to seeing you again on the safari soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Go there if you don't have the opportunity to go to Africa! Lots of animals - good explanations on a CD they give you when you enter the park to be played in your car. Wonderful to see most of the animals so close without fences between you (only the lions are behind extra fences) - great to drive among Zebras, rhinoceroses etc.

Lioncountrysafari, Guest Relations Manager at Lion Country Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell the guests about your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you back on the safari soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

What could be better than driving your car ( in air conditioning comfort ) through a zoo? As a resident of South Florida, I have been visiting Lion Country Safari on an ongoing basis, throughout the years. It has improved tremendously. The animals look very healthy and are well fed. The lions are usually sleeping but the ostriches come by your car and eat the bugs off your windshield. The kids (and adults) are always excited to see the animals interacting in their African Savannah like home. Just as exciting is the park, after the drive through the animals. Free rides that are tailored to the young ones ( ferris wheel, dumbo ride, merry-go-round, paddle boat ). You can feed the parrots and the giraffes. There are live shows and petting zoos. The highlight would be the water park. No pools, just a whole host of zany water sprinklers soaking your little ones, so bring the shorts and towels. Teenagers might get bored a bit earlier ( when don't they) but it is safe enough to let them explore on their own. The attendants are courteous and management is on top of things. My little nephew was head butted by a goat in the petting zoo. The management was quickly alerted and we were given ice packs. The goat was immediately taken out of the contact area. No big deal, just a scratch, but it is nice to know that the visitors welfare is tops on their agenda. Thanks LCS.

1  Thank El_Cubanit0
Lioncountrysafari, Guest Relations Manager at Lion Country Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell guests all about your experience! We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed their trip to Lion Country Safari. We do offer many activities throughout our walk through park that are family oriented and provide a fun and safe time for everyone. The discount coupons on our website do offer a great savings for everyone. We hope to see you and your family on safari again soon!