“Lots of fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loxahatchee
Lion Country Safari KOA Campground
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just happened upon this place and was wanting to find something to do with my adult children while Dad was fishing on Okeechobee. Weather was about 72 and threatening showers. Had an awesome time and the animals were very lively on the drive through safari. Food was good and reasonable price. If you keep your drink cup you can refill it at the cafe all day for no additional charge! Very clean park. It costs another $1 or $2 to feed the birds and giraffe but it was worth it. The rides were free and we rode the Ferris wheel and had a great view of the park. Did not stay in the campground. One note to keep your windows up especially near the lion section or the security will yell at you. Not sure why it's a big desk because the lions are behind a fence. All the other animals are roaming free-- be careful while driving Got some great photos. Kinda expensive so be sure to use the coupon.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank lamblake

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The campground is adequate for a nice stay in the area, however I do have a few criticisms. The first is the length of the pull thrus and the tight campground configuration. The pull thru sites in the area we were in were barely long enough to contain both our motorhome and toad, and could only do so if I unhitched the toad. Numerous sites containing fifth wheels and TTs could not hold both the trailer and its tow vehicle, resulting in tow vehicles being parked in spots that were not within campground policy. Combined with the narrow interior roads, the randomly parked tow vehicles created obstacles when it came time to depart the campground. On the morning of departure, I could not exit my site without asking my immediate neighbor and their neighbor to move their trucks for me. Secondly, there were places throughout the campground that needed attention from someone with a weedeater. I noticed this mostly on campsites that appeared to have been occupied for an extended period. Lastly, I think it's very odd that the campground doesn't have cable. There's just no justification for that. As a heads up, I'd like to make note that the water pressure at our site consistently measured 80 psi, which is a bit high. That's a lot of negatives, but honestly, the campground has a lot going for it too. We had two days' admission to Lion Country Safari included in the cost of the site. We took advantage of that and had an enjoyable time in the park. For a KOA, I think this campground is a good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RiverRat08
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were surprised to learn that the on-site purchase of admission tickets using the widely available $6 coupon was NOT AS GOOD A DEAL as the $2 off per person (and free parking) offered with the online admission purchase. My advice: read admission promos carefully.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank hearingsaver
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a fun time with family camping out at this Koa. sites were big enough. nice play area for kids also had balls avaible for basketball or volleyball. Bathrooms clean, showers were nice. Large Rv area. Best part is being so close to park. Woke up to the sounds of lions roaring, very cool to hear. STaff was very friendly. Would go back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank j77mge
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Indeed we enjoy seeing animals and roaming around the fields. It was a nice adventure especially kids will love it. We are like already at Africa. They have lots if amenities, beside that once enter the lion safari they will give you the cd to listen.. A must to see.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Yes its true, but Africa is far away and very expensive. She was thrilled with the drive into the park and the up close pictures she took of so many beautiful animals.
We booked a KOA cabin which was everything we needed. Air conditioned with a full bed and a bunk bed, lighting and tables. A picnic table and an outdoor charcoal grill are included. We were able to receive the free wi-fi, and had plenty of outlets for recharging our gadgets.
The roar of the nearby lions could be heard, quite a thrill.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Casertast
Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a great place to take your kids, show them the different animals wondering around the grounds. Great photo opps, amazing animals. I think the Rhino's were my favorite, so many of them walking right in front of your car. After the drive-through, park and take in the beautiful grounds full of birds, fish you can feed, petting zoo, rides for kids and great place to grab lunch. My grandson is 2 1/2 and granddaughter 1 year old and they had so much fun. Riding a camel, feeding the goats, riding a train...awesome day. We will definitely be back!!

We didn't stay there and know nothing about the cabins or camping area. I think it would be fun to get a cabin and the kids experience waking up to the sounds of the jungle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darlene W

Been to Lion Country Safari KOA Campground? Share your experiences!