“Fabulous local bistro and excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bored Room Bistro - CLOSED

Bored Room Bistro
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery
Description: Give us a call for any of your catering needs or if you need a mobile concession. We are portable and has our reviews for the Restaurant shows we are very good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being the best we can be for our customers and we ensure you are satisfied with your service and your food choices. Give us a call we are never very far away.
vancouver, b.c.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous local bistro and excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

we stopped In for mother's day brunch and were very pleasantly surprised - the food was homemade , from the sausage patties to the biscuits and salads and brunch was only $10 per person ! And then there's the chocolate fountain...

• Visited May 2014

Balfour, Canada
“Great people, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Although Midway is just a small town, this is a Big Time restaurant! Beautiful old house, lovely friendly owners, and the freshest home made food I have ever had at any restaurant. Their pizza's are to die for, and RJ's coleslaw with her home made dressing has to be made in heaven! A great selection of gluten free home made dishes including breads and pastries make this a place for everyone! Every thing home made, no Kraft dinner here!

• Visited March 2014
Tonasket, Washington
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Bored Room Bistro is in a beautiful old house and has a fun and inviting atmosphere inside. Their food is homemade (bread, soups, etc.). We were welcomed with friendly and personable service, our food was prepared quickly (but not prepared in advance), and was delicious. You not only choose your main dish but your sides as well. We had a homemade burger on homemade bun with a Greek salad, ham and cheese with homemade chips and chipotle dipping sauce, and toasted cheese with potato salad. What a wonderful welcome after crossing the border!

• Visited May 2014
Penticton, Canada
“Bang for Buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My boyfriend discovered this restaurant by flying into midway and stopping for lunch. He didnt stop talking about the soup for 3 days, until he took me there. The owners are lovely, and the space is very open. The patio is nestled in a valley and you can watch the mountains and airplanes.

We went back for the brunch buffet, which shouldnt be missed. it is $10, and has a wide array of delicious, homemade options. The cook clearly LOVES to cook, and loves talking food and recipes and is very welcoming.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Yummmm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a lovely building in a sweet little town, but it's been through a few iterations over the years, with varying levels of success. However, it's one of only 2 places to eat in Midway, so I was happy to give it another try while visiting family in Midway again this past Easter weekend. WOW! I'm glad I did.

Let it be known that I am a stuck up, big-city jerk AND a former professional cook, so.... pretty hard to impress, food-wise. However, these folks pulled it off -- gangbusters. We went for the Sunday brunch buffet, and it was AWESOME. I had a nice big scoop of homemade lasagna (then another smaller one), which was as good as I've ever had; tried a bit of everything else, all excellent - nice salad bar, with lots of unusual and inventive salad fixins - but the stand out was her biscuits. These are the best biscuits I have ever had in my life, and I vacation in the American South quite a bit. They were so-ooo good, it was all I wanted to eat, but I made myself eat other things, too.

I was sitting with a local, and we had a brief chat with the owner (with her husband) and cook, RJ. She makes everything homemade, from scratch, and she knows her stuff. We shared biscuit techniques, talked foodie talk for awhile, and it's clear she is passionate about cooking and food, and her business, which I predict will grow to great success. She could even charge a little more, I would happily pay it, and I bet others would too.

If I had one small quibble (and it's very small) -- there was a vast selection of Kraft dressings on the salad bar, something for everyone, I suppose, but I didn't see any homemade dressings, which surprised me, given RJ's commitment to handmade excellence. Maybe I missed them? But no matter, I will still be back every time I am within an hour of that place.

HIGHLY recommended!!!