“Under Par”

Country Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 133 Restaurants in Longwood
“Under Par”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Clean inside and out. Waitress came right over. Food was under par, eggs were cold ,the pancakes were thick and dry, and I would have loved a second cup of coffee to wash it down. It was not busy and I had asked for another cup when she dropped off the food and she said ok. She never came back to the table to ask if everything was ok or to bring the coffee. When paying, the woman asked if everything was ok and I just shook my head no. She said she wanted to tell the waitress. Honestly, what good would that do? It's a small ma & pa diner. It is what it is! Take it or leave it.

• Visited December 2011

Zion, Illinois
“Comfortable, quiet, and affordable.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

After I made my first review, I went back to this restaurant on Sunday. There was no problem finding a parking place. My son and grandson were still sleeping, so I thought I would drive over and have a quiet breakfast by myself. I walked into the restaurant and to my suprise, the place was packed. There was absolutely no where to sit. Not even for just one person. Seating capacity is 80. It was filled to capacity. IT IS the only restaurant like this in the area. Plenty of fast food places, but not a home cooked, sit down, have some coffee, and talk kind of restaurant. So much for that.
We returned the following day for breakfast and coffee and the day after that, too.
We've only tried breakfast and it beats fast food. So if you're in the area, this is the place to go. All the locals do.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank WillTravel2TryFood
Zion, Illinois
“The Average Ma & Pa Diner”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

New location, new wall decor, a bit bigger. No bells or whistles. It was just a little after noon. Not busy. No waiting. Average cost for an average breakfast. Waitress came right over. Coffee was good. Breakfast was so-so. I ordered the Country Breakfast. 1 egg, short stack, and 1 pc patty sausage, for just under $5.00. Still better than fast-food. The place was clean and had plenty of parking.

• Visited August 2011