“Food is good”
Review of Enzo's on the Lake

Enzo's on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Enzo's on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Longwood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1/2 mile south of SR 434 on U.S. Hwy 17/92
Reviewed April 17, 2013

When a restaurant is as pricey as Enzo's, dining there should be an overall pleasant experience. Usually it is, but on our most recent visit the staff tried their best to ruin it for us!
The food there is delicious. I have no complaints about the food, it is always good. But when I am spending over $500 for a meal for 3 I have expectations of good service as well.
When we arrived on a week night for our reservation, the restaurant was mostly empty. The hostess very brusquely refused to seat us because one member of our party had not yet arrived. I can understand a busy restaurant not wanting to tie up a table, but the place was empty. I would really have liked to order an appetizer and a bottle of wine while we were waiting-but the hostess would not allow it.
After having been turned away from a table at an empty restaurant, we sat in the bar to enjoy 2 glasses of wine. When our 3rd person showed up a few minutes later, I couldn't get our bartender's attention to pay our tab. There was only 1 other couple in the bar, but they were apparently infinitely more interesting than we were. I think he should have noticed in an empty bar that our 3rd person had arrived for dinner since he knew we were waiting for her. I finally had to stand up and interrupt his conversation to get our check. $35 for 2 glasses of Chardonnay-wow!
When we sat down, only the table next to us had people in it. The other room looked filled, but ours was pretty empty. So when the busboy asked me to move my chair so he could get by, I was offended. Maybe it's just me, but I would think he could easily go around the table without telling a patron to move!
Usually the waiters here are very good and attentive, but of course we got the grumpy waiter.
We ordered the antipasto appetizer that the waiters selects for you. I didn't think anything of it when 2 plates of it arrived, but was surprised to see 2 charges for it on our bill. Again, maybe it's just me, but I find it presumptuous for a waiter to bring an unasked for extra and then charge you for it.
So probably because I'm underwhelmed by the staff, and a little grumpy I would like to add that Enzo's is in dire need of some renovations. It is looking run down and starting to smell musty in there.
However, the food at Enzo's is really good. I am really hoping for a better overall experience next time!

1  Thank jjmmff625

Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of our pet peeves is when waiters fail to mention the price of specials. Typically we inquire (but this should not be necessary.)
Last weekend we dined at Enzo's with friends as our guests to celebrate my birthday. Because we were hosting the other couple and wanted them to be comfortable in choosing what they wished, we did not inquire as to price of specials. We had antipasto, pasta appetizer and dessert, all priced separately. When our bill was presented we were aghast to see that we were charged $57. for a single, a la carte serving of sole--no accompaniments of any sort---no salad, dessert or any other embellishments! (We paid separately for those.) While we are accustomed to dining well and recognize that there are many elements related to reasonable cost we very much resent this price-gouging!

1  Thank Time4MeNow
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Enzo's is an institution, but not the run down, past its prime version of the word. It is in fact, the standard by which all Italian restaurants in Orlando should be measured. This is a comparable dining experience to Il Mulino in New York City or Tony's in St. Louis, which I personally believe are the best Italian meals in the US. The food is always fresh and outstanding and the service is always wonderful, even when the place is full, which it is on most days. It would be almost a sin to go here and not start with the Antipasta (house made sausage, house made mozzarella, grilled artichokes, zucchini, calamari etc).....The pastas are all made in house and always wonderful, definitely worth splitting as a second course. Some members of my family like the pasta dishes so much that they have never even tried an entree. The entrees are always excellent and some change from time to time depending upon the season....The Dover Sole, zuppa de peace and lamb chops are some of the best you will have. The setting is wonderful in that it is an old home on a nice lake....The views at sunset only add to the wonderful meal that you will have here. The only downside is that it does get very loud in the restaurant when full because of the wood floors.

1  Thank PTelan
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I drove by Enzos a million times and had never eaten there, so I decided to read some reviews on here before going.. It seems it was previously a house converted into a restaraunt, there was valet parking as soon as you drive in, and the entrance was quiet. We were greeted right away. I made my reservation through a link on their web page that led me to an "open table" site, and I was asked if I had any special requests. I requested a table with a nice view, and they definately gave us one. A gorgeous seat by the windows that overlooked the lake. The property was gorgeous, and it started off quite quiet. Our waitor brought out amazing fresh bread and butter to start The wine list was extensive but expensive, we decided it would be cheaper to get a bottle rather then spend almost 30.00 on two glasses. The bottle of Pinot Noir was about 40.00. For an appetizer we got Carpaccio Di Manzo, which was simple, but amazingly good. And I got the Agnello Scottaditto (lamb chops with polenta and baby arugula salad) and my husband got the Straccetti Di Manzo, (sliced angus with shittake mushrooms and arugula salad). The food simple, but flavorful and the meats were cooked perfectly. After our meal our waitor came by with a slice of italian wedding cake with a candle lit. (complimentary). The service was wonderful, everyone was gracious and polite. The only tiny issue was the portion sizes. I am a very small person, but I dont eat gluten so the pasta dishes and the fresh bread at the start were off limits, and I was still hungry when I left. (and my husband forgot his anniversary present on the table and the restaraunt called us to let us know) So the verdict, bring alot of cash to get more then one appetizer, eat the heck out of that bread (looking at it was killing me, because i could tell it was so tasty) order a pasta dish, and enjoy yourself. :)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I always try to go here for Valentine's Day as well as several other times throughout the year. It is a lovely atmosphere, the staff is excellent and the owner always tries to do her best to accommodate our wishes. We have consistently had outstanding dishes whether it is on the menu or a special. The anitpasta is fabulous. Servers know the menu, make good suggestions and the dining experience is pleasant.