“Good sushi and great specials!”
Review of Bayridge Sushi

Bayridge Sushi
Ranked #89 of 134 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Good sushi and great specials!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have eaten at Bayridge Sushi many times and in general, the experiences have been very positive. The happy hour sushi specials (before 3 PM) are a great deal, and the $3 sushi rolls after 3 are a good value, too. The happy hour sushi includes a miso soup and a salad, mainly with Iceberg lettuce (not my favorite) and a tasty Japanese dressing. The choices of special rolls are very plentiful and varied, and the sushi is appealing and delicious.
The service can be a little uneven- at times, the wait for the food can be a bit long, and some of the servers are better than others. The atmosphere inside is inviting and interesting, which is unexpected after seeing the building from the outside in a small strip mall. All in all, I would definitely recommend Bayridge Sushi, and I eat there every time I'm in the Orlando area.

• Visited June 2012

Louisville, KY
“A bit of a jaunt from the tourist areas, but definitely worth the drive.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I decided to take a mini-trip to Longwood, on the north side of Orlando, for some decent sushi. Although it took us the better part of an hour from the Lake Buena Vista area, we were not disappointed.

The outside didn't look like much, but the interior has clean, modern, LED-lit decor (see my interior photo). This is a sushi and traditional washoku style restaurant; those looking for the flashy hibachi/teppanyaki show typical of many "Japanese steakhouse" establishments will need to look elsewhere.

We were seated promptly-- which was to be expected, as it was early to mid-afternoon. Our first server had a little difficulty answering our initial questions. So she quickly employed the assistance of Iwan, who handled us for the rest of the meal with ease and, as he had considerable culinary experience from all around the area, gave helpful tidbits of advice about other popular area eateries to try and others to avoid.

We had several selections from the sushi menu; one was a daily-special lobster roll, as pictured in my other photo. It tasted great, as did all our other picks.

The prices are competitive with other sushi vendors in the area, so the value is right on par. Yes, this is a bit out of the way for non-locals, but I must admit that the overall food quality and upgraded atmosphere is worth the trip.

• Visited August 2012
Florida
“My daughters favorite!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

She loves to get together with her friends and eat there, they Love it... They have their favorites and visit for hours and have lots of fun..

Visited July 2012
Winter Park, Florida
“Simply yummy”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is an old fazoli's and before that a Rex's roast beef. You would never be able to tell. You step inside to a cozy and great atmosphere. The coconut shrimp bent box was awesome! Sushi was excellent! I'll be going back!

“Incredible decor for a sushi restaurant: good food, service okay”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place was a surprise as a first time visit: good location, easy parking @ a traffic light, nondescript building till you enter and WOW! It was a very modern interior design that was very chic for a sushi place. The sushi was average, the service was good but mechanical, but the decor offsets the average. Nothing about the specialty rolls "wowed" me, just average sushi that was fresh and presented appropriately. Didn't get any suggestions from server who barely engaged the table. As normal, way over ordered....

• Visited June 2012

Been to Bayridge Sushi? Share your experiences!