“Stale and poor quality”

Ali Baba House Of Kabob
Ranked #25 of 132 Restaurants in Longwood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ali Baba has been a well known name in the Orlando area over it's 20 year history. Nothing stays the same, however, and we have now become Ali Baba: House of Kabob, coming from a new ownership group emphasizing many bold new flavors, and a different management style. We only use fresh, quality ingredients, and we only expect to provide amazing service. The word Kabob in Farsi translates to Grill in english, and it's no coincidence that this new name change coincides with an emphasis on a great number of dishes cooked fresh on our authentic persian grill using 100% halal meat. When it comes to exotic cuisine, there is no place like Ali Baba House of Kabob. Experience the very best Mediterranean and Middle Eastern style restaurant experiance located within Central Florida. We offer an food that will immerse all your senses with an authentic mix of Lebonese, Persian, Turkish, and even some Indian cuisine elements. Ali Baba offers tantalizing dishes made from fresh and flavorful ingredients that emphasize bold flavor while also offering healthy choices. Our extravaganza dinner buffet and belly dance is unique and the best in Central Florida. All-you-can-eat lunch buffet gives you the freedom to experiment and discover new favorite dishes every day of the week, and a comfortable seated dining experience with a large menu of options to choose from. All dishes are "from scratch" using fresh exotic flavors and detailed preparation. You won't only taste the delicious and exotic food of Ali Baba House of Kabob, but you will also experience our warm hospitality and inviting culture.
Sanford, Florida
“Stale and poor quality”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

1I am myself from Persia or Iran, and I know the authentic taste of the Persian cuisine, this new owner just took over from the previous idiot and followed in his footsteps, big mistake.

The buffet is stale and old, the food is cooked by Mexicans, the prices are outrages. The Ukranian waitress is polite and nice, but the items on the buffet are realy crappy, too many Arabic dishes and appetizres, they have no clue how to make the food, I am not a Chef, but if I want a good recepie I'll reearch that on line or watch a U Tube video or something.

The decor is a nightmare. I believe they are in the wrong business.

They should run a gas station or something.

Kevin Taheri

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Cyrus P

• Arabic first
Lake Mary, Florida
“Stay Away”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times, and considering how much I love middle eastern food, believe me, I tried hard to like the place, but after my third visit, I gave up. will never go back again. I only go there at lunch time, and the place always seems to be empty except for two to three tables max. this by itself should have turned me away, because this is an indication that the food can't be expected to be fresh, they roll all the food left from lunch to dinner, and from dinner to the next day, just over spice it and over cook it and serve it with a smile.

The service: they always make mistakes when it comes to my bill, no exception, once they charged me for three children instead of two, or charged adult price for a child, I always had to fight for the bill and have them fix it.

The Food: let's face it aside from the catchy name and the little middle eastern decoration outside and in the lobby, there is nothing special about the atmosphere that justifies the high price compared to most buffet restaurants in the area. one would hope for the food to make up for it. but the food is of a poor to average quality, very limited selection, the meet menu has only three options, chicken and beef kabobs, and Tandoori style baked chicken thighs and drumsticks. The chicken tastes like rubber, in our first time we didn't know what it was, I thought it was omelette mixed with chicken brought. the chicken drumsticks are tasteless, or have a strong smell of lemon, which comes from marinating old chicken on lemon juice to remove the smell before cooking and serving, so cheap. the beef kabobs is the worst, you can't not smell the stinky smell of old expired meet, my wife smelled it and she felt like vomiting, I stopped my children from eating it. that and the tzatziki sauce leaves a stingy taste in your mouth. I was scared of getting sick. we politely and quietly let our waitress know that the meet was bad, she took our plate back to the kitchen, two minutes later the owner came by he was all defensive stating how their food is fresh, and the last nail in the coffin was when he said that the problem is in our taste, he literary said that we had bad taste. and he couldn't care less about our opinion. I said that we can't eat that food, paid for the $45.00 bill, tipped the waitress on top of that because she was doing her job.
hopefully this review will save someone's time and money, and more importantly health.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank lmouedden
Orlando, Florida
“excellent place”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been to this place many times, and the food is always great, the employees are friendly and nice, the owner is always helpful and very nice....................i will go back again and again, i can never get enough from the taste of that food

• Visited May 2012
Winter Springs, Florida
“Something different...and exciting!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

While the food is good-to-very good, the reason to go to Ali Baba is the entertainment. Make sure you take a group of friends, get a good seat, and plan on spending the evening. At the night rolls on, the crowd gets more "authentic" and makes one feel as if they are in an exotic place. Nice fun!

Visited June 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
“I find it good.”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Some of the complaints listed may be legitimate; never-the-less, I have been going to Ali Baba for some years now, and I am not going to stop. I am not a person that likes a big pile of meat for dinner and I find the salad and their great hummus and good pita very satisfying. They have very good stews with meat, and I really like their chicken dishes. When you enter the restaurant, you are greeted by such good aroma! I have never had a problem with service. If you think you would like a good Persian dinner, go!

• Visited April 2012