“Best Thai I've ever had!”

Thai Delight Wok & Grill
Ranked #18 of 138 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Newly renovated and under new management, I figured this should be a good place to grab some Thai lunch. I ordered iced tea and basil chicken. The iced tea was fresh and delicious. While waiting for my food, I looked around the room and noticed that it was nicely decorated in a simple, tasteful way.

Seven tables, and a small bar area with two stools. Looks like it seats 26 including the stools.

I was brought a small garden salad with ginger dressing. The dressing was very good. A decent amount of tanginess, and not too thin.

The basil chicken was amazing. I told the lady there that it was the best Thai food I've ever had. That was no exaggeration.

The chef (and I believe owner) came out and greeted me. I told him I was loving the fact that there were fresh basil leaves on top, and was impressed that there was even lemongrass leaves in the dish! He shared that he grows his own herbs, and even brought out a large clipping of lemongrass to show me.

I can't say enough good about this place. I only wish I lived in the area so that I could be a regular there!

There are newer reviews for Thai Delight Wok & Grill

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had heard that the food at Thai Delight was very good despite the outside and inside decor so my husband I and decided to try it last week. When we walked in we had no idea if we needed to go up and order at a counter or if someone would come and take our order. There was only 1 other couple in the restaurant and since no once came to our table or told us that we should go to the counter my husband went up and ordered at the counter after waiting about 5 minutes. We had a Pad Thai with chicken which was very greasy and lacking in flavor as well as Red Curry with chicken which had no curry taste and was very overpowered by lemon grass. This supposed authentic Thai food was marginal at best and the service was slow. The entire restaurant is covered with very old posters and pictures and is very dark and depressing inside. The restroom and kitchen area were very dirty, I seriously wonder how this place passes a health inspection much less stays in business. While no one was rude to us we certainly didn't feel as though the owner really cared whether we like the food or not. We will not go back to Thai Delight

1  Thank mommyjnumber1
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I do not recommend this place. The food is bad as is the attitude. The decades old reviews on the walls have nothing to do with the present.
Do not mistake this for the excellent Thai restaurant around the corner and down the street.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

I have been coming to thai delight since 1993. Sure ive been in there when the owner tells a customer to leave, but they usually deserve it. The reason why you wait a long time is because everything I mean everything is fresh and cut/chopped to order. There is no place in my life that i have eaten, that i wait 45 min for but it is 1000% worth it. Chulata (owner/cook) sais in thai land the thai resturant owners would come to eat at her place. By far the most authentic,fresh (grown their own veggies at their house) you will eat in any state. I am the most pickiest eater, and if i can eat at one place for ever, this would be it. Thai delight is the best in orlando! I have eaten at at least 70 places from ca, nv, and at least 12 different places in orlando. This place is so original, that they dont even have thai iced tea. FANTASTIC PLACE TRUST ME... I know thai food as it is my favorite. I fly in from vegas once every couple of months to eat here. (no joke its that good... ill show you my itinerary) tell her Ted sais hi...

Reviewed March 26, 2008

Everything at this restaurant is made from scratch and each meal cooked one at a time so if you are in a hurry you may want to go somewhere else. Also this establishment does not accept credit cards, cash only. Their food does not taste like other Thai fast food restaurants because many of the ingredients are hand picked by the cook and the sauces are made fresh.
Each dish is photographed and described on the wall in front of the counter to help you with your choices. The least adventurous should try 6 (b), the basil beef dish and those with a daring attitude can choose from a wide variety of Thai dishes. I have tried about everything on the menu and enjoyed every dish but these are my favorites:
#1 Goong Chitlada - Jumbo Shrimp w/tomato, mushroom & basil in sweet & spicy sauce served with rice.

#15 Tom Yum Soup – Lemongrass soup w/shrimp, squid, mussels, bean noodles, vegetables & herbs.

#22 Hoy Tod – Crispy crepe w/mussel, bean sprouts & egg serviced with chili sauce.

Spring Rolls and SomTum are good starters and usually come out quickly even when very busy.

I have been eating at this restaurant for ~ 5 years. Many regulars go back 15 to 20 years and remain faithful to this day. Vic and Chitlada are great people who work hard to deliver great tasting food but remember to bring cash and don't come here if you are in a huge hurry. If no one else is waiting ahead of you then your food will come in short order.