“LOVE Tijuana Flats, no matter what location!”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #31 of 134 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Known for serving the freshest Tex-Mex food and world famous Smack My A** & Call Me Sally! hot sauce.
Longwood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE Tijuana Flats, no matter what location!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Terrific, fresh food! The only reason I didn't give this location 5 out of 5 was due to the fact that every time we dine here the music is BLARING loud! Other than that, it's a great restaurant.

Visited January 2013
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
@Tanya551 - thanks for the review of our Longwood location! We're sorry to hear you've experienced issues with the volume of our music, please feel free to let the manager know on your next visit and he/she will be happy to turn it down for you!

San Diego, California
“Good food. A little pricy”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm a little biased towards the greasy Mexican food in my home city of San Diego. But the tex-mex style was good. I ordered a pork burrito. The meat was nicely spiced. My only complaint was the tortilla was not as fresh as I would of liked. The price was slightly high but the food was good

• Visited April 2013
@Dfettner - Thanks for your review of our Longwood location! The pork burrito is a classic menu item and a great choice! We're glad you enjoyed our tex-mex style.
Sweetwater, Florida, United States
“Great food atmospere and prices!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The teens love this place. The food is good, priced right. "Taco Tuesday"s", a favorite deal! I can go with my three teenage girls, have a great meal, and fun, for a little more than $20. And, they think it's "cool"! Sauce bar is the best!

Visited December 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks for the review @Jerry S! We really appreciate it! It's great to hear that you and your girls love our food and specials! Come back soon!
Orlando
“Better Than Your Aunt Sally!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Once Upon A Time.....and 5 pounds lighter.

My co-workers kept telling me about this great place to grab a bite to eat. So I decided to try it out.

WOW WOW WOW. SLAP MY BUTT SALLY AND AWAY WE GO!
(Slap My Butt Sally, is a name of a sauce used at this place)

This is such great yummy food! And the best part....a magical sauce bar, with all sorts of fun names. From the sweet to the hot. The sauces are amazing. And you can even buy bottles of the sauces to take home.

If you do go at lunch (esp on Tuesdays) it will be harder to find a seat. Due to "Taco Tuesday"

The price is right and on the cheaper side, and the portions are huge! The staff is amazingly friendly, even with a large rush. This store is also a chain. And since that magical day of Once Upon A Time, I have visited several "TFLATS"now. But this place is always the best.

I would say that this is the best TEX-MEX place you can find. And is now a great addiction.

• Visited October 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for such a great and fun review @JasonN! We really appreciate it! We're so glad to hear that you love our food and that we're one of your favorites! Come back soon!
Orlando, Florida
“Food Still Tasty, BUT...”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

BF and I have been long-time customers of Tijuana Flats, especially at the Aloma Ave. and Hunt Club Blvd. locations. Most recently, we've been going to this relatively newer (for this area) location at the corner of 434 and Wekiva Springs Blvd.

Must say that, while the food is still tasty and we enjoy the hot bar offerings (have practically all of them at home), we are GREATLY dismayed at the increasingly frequent poor quality of food presentation we are given when we order food to-go. We cannot tell you how many times we've ordered to-go and upon picking up the order and bringing it home, find a MEASLY amount of toppings and / or chips. We've eaten in the restaurant and KNOW that this is NOT how the SAME dishes are served when there is a person they are going to physically present the meal to. It really is as if the mentality has become to skimp on the to-go order 'cause no one will notice until they get home???

Got a to-go order last night of tacos and they looked ridiculously empty. One order had barely any black beans in a black bean taco and both had virtually non-existant lettuce (I'm talking literally like 1-5 tiny slivers of green - no joke - you had to LOOK for the lettuce), tomatoes, jalapenos, etc...and like a smattering of crushed up chips. This time, checking before we left, I actually had to ask the girl if it was possible to at least get more lettuce on the tacos! (To which she asked if I meant I wanted it "on the side"???) Lettuce is like the cheapest thing for restaurants - we know you get them in bags... and skimping on THAT of all things to create sad little tacos for to-go orders?

Overall, we will NOT be going back to this location. Service has become hit / miss (again, yesterday, tried to call in our order for 10 straight mins. as we were heading there to a phone that rang and rang and rang and finally just got there and ordered in person to an empty restaurant so ...why wasn't the phone answered? And don't think THAT many people were calling in orders too through a span of 10 mins. at 4 pm) and when there's such a marked disparity between what's being given for a to-go order versus eating in...we just will take our business elsewhere... Qdoba, Chipotle... even Taco Bell - at least they're CONSISTENT!

Visited October 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi @orlandogal22, thank you so much for your review. We're sorry that our service did not meet your expectations and that you did not enjoy our food. We'd like to discuss this situation further. Please email (Facebook@TijuanaFlats.com.) us the details of your experience, the store location and your contact info so we can get in touch with you. Thanks!