“Awesome”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was better than expected. The pork and brisket was moist. The flavor had perfect smoke. The restaurant was well thought out. Perfect experience

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (360)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a huge fan of 4Rivers Smokehouse and unfortunately don’t have one in my immediate area just yet. Can’t wait for the Daytona location to open at the end of this year.

I had to make a run out to Altamonte recently and figured I’d grab a quick lunch as well. While looking at Trip Advisor for suggestions I saw 4Rivers in Longwood. I am not familiar with Longwood and had never been, but it was less than three miles away. I’m in for a new adventure!

As it turns out, Longwood and 4Rivers were in my direction of going home anyway. What? A 4Rivers location closer to me than Winter Park? I think I just won the lottery. Yay!

Turns out the shopping center is right off the exit too. No need to explore this time. The parking lot was absolutely packed. Mind you this was about 1:30 pm. Definitely expect to deal with the meal rush hours. I was good. No hurry. I drove around one more time as someone was leaving.

Nice light appeal to this location with a covered outdoor seating area. Just getting out of the car filled my senses with that great smokehouse scent. A bit of a wait gave me time to decide on something new to order. I grabbed a ginger soda from their old time soda varieties and reviewed my choices. I went with the Texas Destroyer. Their yummy signature angus brisket topped with onion rings, jalapeños, melted provolone cheese, served on a brioche bun and 4R signature sauce. I’ll admit I picked off most the jalapeños but wanted to the taste. Too hot for this girl. I also added extra sauce as I didn’t notice it already. Selecting sides as just as big a challenge. So many choices. They offer samples if you need them. I tried the coleslaw for the first time. Winner! Southern and not too sweet. I also selected their deliciously cheesy Mac and cheese and a Hello Dolly dessert bar.

I can go on and on with all they offer. Even the dining area is fully stocked with water, utensils, to go containers and a sink to wash those bbq fingers!

Let me just tell you I loved every bite then went to grab some takeout for my dinner! Told you I was a fan! More brisket, burnt ends, beans and cornbread completed by order and my dinner (and lunch) for the next few meals. Did I mention I can’t wait for that Daytona location!!Just go! You will not regret it. Great bbq, great sides, kids meals, very kid and family friendly, desserts, they even have beer! What are you waiting for?

1  Thank FlGmaTraveler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is truly good "fast food" bbq. By fast food I mean you get your food insanely fast right in front of you Chipotle style where you order it and they do it right there.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely love 4 Rivers, would highly recommend. Great value for money and delicious.
Staff are great and will talk you through things if you are not 100% sure what to get.
We had the messy pig burger and the 2 by 2 meat platter.
The cake shop inside is also fabulous.
Definitely make a trip to a 4 rivers if you can

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

Wow what do I like? Everything. They have reward points. after 10 purchases, you get a free sandwich. I recommend their coffee and bakery shop as well.

Date of visit: August 2019