“Pulled Pork, Pulled Pork, and Sides”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The pulled pork here is great. It's super lean and seasoned just right. They've got some great sides including Backed Beans, Fried Pickles, Green Beans, and French Fries.

The restaurant can get extremely busy and waiting in line can sometimes take a very long time (not to mention finding a table). I prefer to call ahead to their phone number and place pickup orders (usually about 15 minutes) so I can walk in and out in seconds.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

It is a busy place to eat so you would have to pick the time you go there to eat. Lunch time is a bad time if you only have 30 minutes. Unless you call in early. The prices are good & the food is too

Reviewed November 9, 2013

4R is definitely one of the best BBQ places in Central Florida and you can see the Peace Love 4R bumper stickers all over the place. Yes, the lines can get long but the service is fast, friendly and the food is well worth the wait. Note that all locations are closed on Sundays- I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten and driven over to one.

Baked cheesegrits, brunt ends, and brisket are some of our favorites and this place serves Cheerwine.

We loved the place so much we recently used them to cater our wedding! Not to our surprise, the amazing service and quality of food doesn't stop just because it's outside of the restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We first started going to 4 Rivers in Winter Park, when it was in its previous smaller location. They've moved across Fairbanks Avenue to a larger place. But now we go to the Longwood location whenever we're in the area. It's much bigger and has a bakery which is very tempting and yummy! Our current splurge is the chocolate peanut butter bar. I had never had brisket before and this is now my favorite. My husband and I both love the pulled pork, They carve the meat right before they put it on your bun so you can ask for thick or thin slice or chopped - you can have it your way. Potato salad, mac and cheese, baked beans, and cole slaw are delicious. Portions are generous but I got a kids meal last time and that was just right. Two sauces are offered, one spicy and one more sweet than spicy. I wish they used plates; even plastic ones would be better than putting your sandwiches on butcher paper on a tray, but I guess that keeps the price down. The dining room can get very noisy. If you can't get a booth (wish there were more), you have to sit at picnic tables in the middle, and you may be sitting next to strangers. But it feels like a picnic! Try this, you'll like it.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's a cafeteria style setup where you order from a rather large wall menu. That can be overwhelming. Prior to our next visit I'll look at the online menu before going because there are some really interesting items I missed during the visit. here's the menu http://4rsmokehouse.com/menu. Everyone had something new to them and everyone enjoyed the meal. Even our teenager gave a thumbs up on the French Fries! You want unusual?
...how 'bout Fried Oreos or Fried Pickles. My next visit will be for a Longhorn or the Smokehouse Cuban. Then again, it might be the Texas Destroyer or the Six-Shooter. See ya there!