“Excellent”
Review of Gateway to India

Gateway to India
Reserve with OpenTable
Gateway to India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 134 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wayman/Oxford-One block west of Hwy 17-92
Description: The Culinary Mystique of North IndiaGateway To India is pleased to present a wide selection of Indian haute cuisine from the finest and freshest ingredients. The menu offers a welcomed change from the ordinary that is not only pleasing to the palate,but a healthy alternative as well.Gateway To India offers two locations in Central Florida, Orlando Internation Dr at I Drive and suburb of Orlando, Historic Town of Longwood. Chef Kapoor is the original owner and Executive Chef and GM former employee of Darden Restaurants Inc, Shivani Kapoor,runs as a family owned business.Gateway To India Open 7 Days a WeedDine In -Take Out-DeliveryDaily Lunch BuffetA La carte Dinner
Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had heard and read about about Gateway of India being the best Indian restaurant around and went to eat both lunch and dinner after seeing they had been given an award for the best Indian cuisine in Orlando recently. The dishes were amazing, we had ordered quite a few dishes from the Tandoori Chicken, to the Paneer Tikka Masala and Samosa's. Everything tasted immaculate and to perfection. I will keep going back over and over again. Thanks to Chef Paul and his staff. Keep up the good work

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RSEN77

Orlando, FL
“Delicious Indian food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This Indian restaurant is a hidden jewel. The food is simply delicious. They have a very good lunch buffet. The food is spicy but not too spicy ike in other restaurants. I definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joe_Hern
Orlando, FL
“Our favorite Indian”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited Gateway again this week. It continues to have the very best indian food in the Orlando area! The food is fresh! So often Indian restaurants think Americans are wimps and incapable of handling the heat. These people understand what a medium or a hot dish is and will prepare it to your desired temperature. We had our favorite dishes, Chicken Tikka Masala (medium) and Navratan Korma (hot). We added a new bread for us, Onion Kulcha, which was excellent!
My only complaint is they added a tv a few years ago with Indian Music Videos...really, I don't need the visual,
it distracts from my dining companions, although I enjoy the music!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CBWOrlando_FL
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a great expeeience! The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the mango lassi. They were also accomidating of the vegan in the group.

1 Thank Zippymorocco
Orlando, Florida
“Lydia Orlando FL”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It is by far one of the finest Indian Restaurants in Florida. I have been to quite a few but none have come close to Gateway. They offer sit down and buffet style. I am a regular on Sundays for Lunch Buffet. Coming from up North it is nice to know I can still find excellent tasting Indian Food close to home.

• Visited October 2012