“Need to get back here more often”

Polonia Restaurant Now Polskis
Ranked #2 of 138 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is one of those places for us that we know is good but, for some reason, we only get there about once a year or so. For people not familiar with Polish food, it is not too different from German food, meaning that if you like one, you will probably like the other. The food here is very good and the service is not only very attentive, but usually very personable as well. The biggest thing I found about about the servers is that they are very patient with people like me who really need to understand what the unfamiliar names on the menu really are. My wife and I usually order two different things then sample off of each other and do a little trading. I would definitely recommend the fresh kielbasa over the smoked as it has a more authentic taste to it. The pierogies are also very good. I also saw a sandwich on the menu called the Polish Big Boy or something like that. I did not order it, but I saw someone at another table get one. This thing looks like something from an episode of "Man vs Food," so I must try this on my next trip back. Finally, check the deli and bakery on your way out. We took home some of the fresh kielbasa and grilled them up and they came out great. This was a great experience and we will try to get back sooner.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The appetizers are delicious, make sure to try the blini with salmon. However, the main meal can be taken as too fatty and not as fresh as one might like. The selection on the menu does not have great variety. The music is lively and the waiters are very courteous. It is a great place to go if you want to try something new and different, however, I would not make it an everyday experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food is Polish -- a good selection of hearty fare that is lovingly prepared and served with enthusiasm. The building is not fancy but it's attractively decorated and very functional. The restrooms are spotless and that's always a good sign. The menu has traditional choices -- borscht, pierogis, golubki, kielbasa, goulash, cutlets -- and a good set of Polish beers and wines. The food is freshly made and exceptionally tasty.

If you enjoy Polish food, you'll love Polonia -- and you will feel most welcome.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

2 American Polish Sisters and their families were so touched by their whole experience - the service, the conversations with staff, and the wonderful dishes! We tried many dishes and loved them all; reminding us of our grandma's authentic cooking! I see some comments on the prices being a big high but I didn’t think so remembering how but time it takes to make these delicacies from scratch!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

They are a bit on the high side of prices, but the food was excellant. Serve food that you can not find anywhere eles. If you are tried of the same old food give it a try. I was not disappointed that I purchased food there. It did take a little longer then I thought is should take for one to go order. I would have thought that the food I ordered was already made and should have come out a bit quicker and they did put the wrong sauce on my stuffed cabbage. I live really far away and took it to go, I did not like the brown gravy on my cabbage, I was looking forward to the tomatoe sauce on my cabbage.