We went to this resort for a wedding and at first were wowed by the service. We were met at the car by two attendants who opened our doors for us and escorted us inside for check-in. Our bell-hop carried our luggage up to our room and showed us around the room to get familiar with the amenities. He was probably the best staff we encountered over our 2 night stay.
The room was beautiful. It was just a regular "guest room" but it still had a kitchen, washer/dryer, dish washer, living room area, flat screen television, and a nice-sized bathroom. I cannot complain a bit about the room-- it was perfectly decorated and beautiful.
Because it is a wedding destination, trying to sleep with the noise of partying guests was difficult... but we had a wedding the next day, so we waited until around midnight to call the main desk. The person over the phone was curt and unfriendly. The noise did stop, however.
Also, we called room service the day of the wedding and were told the food would arrive in 25 minutes. 25 minutes came and went and we eventually had to start getting ready for the wedding.... just as we were about to walk out the door (an hour later) our food arrived.
The quality of the food does not equal the price. $35 for a burger and a salad?
The beach area is nice. However, the cabana attendants appear more interested in eachother and talking to eachother than attending to the guests. I saw one woman have to flag down a waitress and ask her if she could order a drink.
The pool is also very nice and has a beautiful lounge area.
The wedding reception itself was done nicely and the staff was courteous, diligent, and professional. The hall was gorgeous and it was decorated beautifully. The center-pieces were to die for!
Overall, the grounds and the room were beautiful but the customer service was not up to par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort