We recently stayed in a Club Suite at the Longboat Key Club, Room 4102. At check-in, I was suprised to have been given a 1st floor room, after requesting a high floor, but I highly suggest it. The seven buildings at the Longboat Key Club have a parking area on each "ground floor" of the building. This means that the 1st Floor is on the 2nd Level. Furthermore, 1st Floor rooms have both a balcony and a deck, w/ very easy beach access. Our room was spacious, although most appliances were very outdated. We used the pull-out couch, which was comfy, and the actual beds were awesome. The balcony doors could really use a screen, as the only option was open (fresh air+bugs) or closed (no bugs, but only A/C). Right up the street on Gulf of Mexico Drive is a Publix shopping center, and we found it very convienent and relaxing to cook our own meals inside the room. Definatly take advantage of the free bike rentals, we rode about 10 miles and it was lovely. We reccomend to take the sidewalk path down to the Publix and back. **Be Careful for the Old People Drivers, They shouldn't be on the road**. The beach itself was lovely too. I don't remember the name, but about 10-15 miles north on Longboat Key is this little shack that serves great and cheap meals (meals at Longboat Key are Very Expensive). We were able to fly down there and back for free w/FF miles, but we had to leave out of Tampa. Our flight was very early, so we chose to leave the hotel the night before, and stay in Tampa. Two Tips: 1)They aren't nice when it comes to late check-out. If you request it, they say "30 minutes, maybe an hour extra." 2)Just stay there and get up extra early. The Airport hotel we stayed at was so disgusting, we would have rather gotten up at 3 in the morning than stay there again.
The Takeaway: Longboat Key Club is a nice, but outdated hotel. Expect great staff and service, but VERY high prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort