Stayed here for the last 4 nights of our 16 nights in Florida, hoping for a well earned rest. We weren't disappointed. What a fabulous location ovelooking the Gulf and the white sands of Long Boat Key.
From the outside the buildings look old and dated but once inside the rooms, are light and airy and very modern. We had requested a Club View Suite and overlooked the Gulf and the pool. The king size bed was very comfortable - the teenagers didn't think the sofa bed was that comfy but it didn't stop them sleeping in it!!
The room was cleaned daily and for once there were enough towels for all of us! The kitchenette was well equipped and even had a dishwasher and washing machine.
The pool is very small and not really big enough for the size of the complex. The beach is well equipped with sun beds, umbrellas and kabanas. The lads on the beach are happy to set up the equipment for you. I would comment that they work very hard and many of the other holiday makers there treated them like servants - it isn't too much trouble to move your own towel and cup from the beach when you leave!! At the end of the day they collect all the umbrellas, sun loungers (and towels/cups) up before they leave.
There is a cold water/ice dispenser machine by the pool and you can help yourself as you wish - this was much appreciated. We didn't eat in the hotel but thought it looked a bit pricey.
We drove to St Armands Circle each evening where there is a good choice of restaurants. Try Hemmingways - you may miss it as it doesn't look much but the food and service was excellent. Also the Mote Aquarium is worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort