Resort at Longboat Key Club
Zota Beach Resort(Longboat Key)
$249
$199
Sandpiper Inn(Longboat Key)(Great Value!)
$175
$107
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$65
$69
Travelocity
$66
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
Beach Castle Resort(Longboat Key)
TripAdvisor
Cabana Beach Club(Longboat Key)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,994 results
All reviewslagoon viewst armands circlejunior suitedry dockbeach attendantswasher dryertennis courtspool attendantgulf of mexicogreat beachbeach servicelarge balconychairs and umbrellasfull kitchenprivate beachpool barpool side
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Longboat Key Resort met and exceeded all my expectations for a great anniversary. I requested chocolates and a floral arrangement as a surprise and it was perfect. The room was beautiful. We decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom deluxe room and all I can say is WOW! Absolutely awesome room with spectacular views. We had a slight issue with Direct TV but they came right away to resolve the issue. The staff was always courteous and professional. We definitely will be back and will bring friends and family.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kris W
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Kris W:
Thank you for the "5" review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your 10th anniversary trip with us at the resort. Thank you for mentioning the staff was courteous and professional. So happy we were able to arrange the special flowers/chocolates in your suite. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have stayed at the Longboat key resort several times.It just keeps getting better and better.If you want true service in a wonderful setting,this is it. All the amenities plus superb cleanliness make this our favorite place to stay. The beach service is first class..Included in the resort fee are beach umbrella/Cabana set up, bicycles,beach towels,etc. It doesnt get any better than this

Room Tip: Bldg 2 is where you can see sunset
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear bkiv:
Thank you for the "5" rating. I am very appreciative of your comment of the resort getting better and better with each stay. Thank you for mentioning the true service including beach service, the cleanliness and that it is your favorite place to stay. we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is our 5th stay at the Resort at Longboat Key Club and they have not disappointed us yet. We always stay in a one bedroom suite in building 4 on the 5th or 6th floor, the views are incredible!!! The staff at the RLBKC is so very nice and helpful. The pool area is very nice but we usually elect to stay on the beach. This year we were treated to Manatee sightings almost every day of our 8 day stay. I will say that some of the furniture in the room is beginning to show a little wear and can use an update soon. Our 8 day stay flew by and we didn't want to leave. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Sully-Chicago:
Thank you for the “5” rating. We greatly appreciate you continuing to return to us each visit and glad you loved the location of your suite. Thanks for mentioning that the staff are all very nice and helpful. I have shared your review with the team. Watching the Manatees is a majestic site and I’m glad you were able to experience them this trip. On the furniture, we are going through them now and doing touchups and in the beginning planning stages of our next remodel. Thank you again and we are look forwards to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at RLKC for 2 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. At checkin, Dante made it clear that we would not like the view in the available Jr. Suites, which is what we had reserved. He said he had already been authorized to upgrade our reservation to a 1 brdrm suite. When Dante said this would be in Bldg 1, I told him that I was aware of some issues in Bldg 1 based on reviews I had read. He assured me the issues were only because of the other bldgs were so much newer, not Bldg 1. He also said if we didn't like the room, once we saw it we could change back to the Jr. Suite. Once we saw the 1 Bdrm Suite, we loved it. It was equivalent to a nicely appointed 1 Brdrm Condo. Naturally, we opted to stay there.

To make a long story short, the previous reviews were correct. The air conditioner noise when the compressor turn on was almost unbearable. I say almost because we chose this trade off for the nice homey feel of the place... and the nice view. Besides we were only there for 2 nights. We did have 2 other small maintenance issues: the IR sensors for both TVs was turned away so the remotes didn't work until the maintenance tech moved them to a point where they worked; also, the smoked detector in the bedroom was flashing every few seconds. I know this may be normal for the addressable smoke detectors, but my wife likes a completely dark bedroom in order to sleep, and this flashing even annoyed me too. The maintenance tech said what I expected, that this was normal, so I asked him if he could cover it with a piece of tape. These were the Cons of our stay.

We used the gym and spa facilities every day we were there and loved it all. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed (for a Black couple like us, that hasn't always been the case at some other resorts). We also had fun at the beautiful beach and rather small pool. Again, the reviews were true regarding the waiter service. There was only one waitress we saw taking orders around the pool. We were never able to get her attention the whole time we were there (about 2hrs)... others were annoyed by this also. On the beach there wasn't any waiter service that we could see. We were there about 4 hrs total.

Upon checkout, I did mention issues we had with the resort to the manager, who gave me his card so I can contact him on a future stay with an upgrade.

In summary, we feel the RLKC has some issues that need to be addressed in a straightforward manner in their advertisements and realistically reflected in their pricing. We also loved certain aspects of the resort which were indeed first class. We will be watching resolutions to their issues in future reviews before entertaining a return visit to RLKC.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ted-Caudia

Dear Ted-Claudia:
Thank you for staying with us and your review. I have spoken to Dante and I believe there may have been some confusion in what he said. There is not a view challenge with our junior suites as many of them our similar views to the 1-bedrooms. Also, our buildings were all built at the same time and remodeled at the same time so there is no age difference in building one over any others. Building one is one of our most requested buildings and a great building to stay in.
I do apologize for any challenges you had specific to your unit. I have asked our engineering to take a look at the specific rooms A/C as if it needs repaired/replaced we will do so. Also, the remote sensors should have worked upon your arrival and I apologize that you had to deal with these nuisance issues. It is our sincere goal for everything to be perfect upon your arrival
I’m glad you enjoyed the gym and spa facilities and that the staff made you feel welcomed and they were friendly. Glad you also enjoyed your time at the pool and beach area of the property. Your comments on wait staffing have been discussed with F&B management. We have made significant changes in this area recently including adding service flags at the beach to make it more convenient for our guests who wish to have drink or food service.
We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I just got back from a little slice of Paradise. From check in to check out the experience was excellent. Staff was very friendly, without being fake. The location was perfect,the resort's private beach was wonderful. The beach was never crowded and many times felt like you had the beach to yourself. Quality of food was excellent, but a little pricey.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Building two will give you a good view of sunset.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear DarkCloud1967:
Thank you for the “5” rating and for your recent stay! I’m very pleased to hear the check-in and checkout experience was genuine and friendly. It’s great that you enjoyed the location and that the uncrowded beach was enjoyable. Thank you for mentioning the excellent food quality even though you feel it was a bit pricey. We look forward to seeing you next time.