Excellent location for beach lovers, golfers and anyone wishing to put the world on-hold for a little while.
We reserved a Junior Suite with a Beach View that was located in building 1. I cannot comment on the other buildings however building 1 was excellent. Close to the beach, pool and easy access for island exploring.
A short drive north on Gulf of Mexico Drive is a Publix where we bought small supplies for when we were too tired to explore the resort options.
Being explorers we also traveled north to Anna Maria Island multiple times for dinner and sunset views over the Gulf.
Mar-Vista, Beach house and Sandbar restaurants all have the same owners. Each is interesting and the food was generally good at each. Beach house and Sandbar offered excellent views of the Sunset with Sandbar being the best for a walk on the beach after dinner.
The neighborhood around Mar-Vista is known for wild peacocks which strut through the street. Worth the short side trip on the way to dinner.
South of the resort is St Armands circle which hosts a number of restaurants, shops and statues donated by the Ringling family to bring art and culture to the area. I think it worked.
We did a day trip to Siesta Key which is a short drive away. Siesta Key is pretty and worth the trip especially for the quartz sand which is soft and pure white yet remains cool to the touch even in the hot Florida sun.
During the day dolphins frequently played just a short distance off shore amusing the guests and causing most people to venture into the surf.
Overall we enjoyed our trip and plan to return. The staff were friendly and attentive during our entire stay and are certainly there to please the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, Otel, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort