Resort at Longboat Key Club
Zota Beach Resort(Longboat Key)
$297
Siesta Inn(Sarasota)
$55
Family Inn(Sarasota)
$59
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$70
$66
Sandpiper Inn(Longboat Key)
Outrigger Resort(Longboat Key)
1,974 results
All reviewslagoon viewst armands circledry dockjunior suitewasher dryerbeach attendantstennis courtsgulf of mexicopool attendantgreat beachbeach servicelarge balconychairs and umbrellasfull kitchenprivate beachpool barpool side
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at Longboat key for 12 days, This hotel is situated on its own private beach has amazing views, The hotel staff can't do enough to help, Our room was nice clean probably little dated but adequate the only problem we had a adjoining room so we could hear next door, but all didnt matter due to the amazing views, The food was very nice we had breakfast cooked to perfection,We did have a problem and I have to say this has been delt with beyond my expectations just goes to show when you are dealing with profesional management who do care it does make a massive differance so I just want to say "thankyou" to all staff at Longboat key especialy Rick Benninghove for your help.

Room Tip: block 4 on floor 4 amazing sea views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olya43
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Olya43

Thank you for the “5” rating. It is most appreciated. I’m glad , along with the rest of our team, I was able to make an impression on you and it pleases me that you had a very successful stay. Our team understands that vacation time is very important in our lives and works hard in an attempt to deliver perfect service. Thank you again for the recognition and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just finished our stay at Longboat Key Club (for a long weekend). We would definitely go back! The rooms were spacious and the view was fantastic. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated, but quite clean and comfortable. The staff is very accommodating and a pleasure to talk with. You have to remember, this is a beach property and it is very typical of a beach property. I travel frequently and I am very particular about my accommodations and we will definitely return to Longboat Key Club. The restaurant was a typical hotel restaurant - not over the top but quite adequate with decent food. There are plenty of other restaurants nearby (St. Armand's Circle) so for those who feel the food is "fair", then you certainly have other options. Food prices are slightly higher than would be expected, but again, it is a resort. All in all, a great weekend and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We were in building 3, on the 5th floor. If want a great view of the Gulf, then I would stick to a floor on the 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan T
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Susan T
Thank you for the “5” rating! It was our pleasure to host you for your long weekend where you enjoyed the fantastic views from your spacious suite. I would love to say hello to you on your future stay with us and to thank you in person for the very thoughtful review.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have been going to this resort annually since 1984. It offers a nice beach for my wife and 2 golf courses for me. Unfortunately the golf courses are in very poor condition and the price ($100 each) is ridiculous when compared to the many other good to great courses in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. They previously offered a disscount to resort guests, but have discontinued this since being purchased by new ownership.

Also, althought they brag of having 4 restaurnats, only 1 (an Italian fare restaurant named Portofino) is worth going to.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1 or 2 bedroom suite on a "high floor" in buuilding 2, 3 or 4 (to avoid noised from the pool and hot tub), "on the beach" (to get the best views).
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Orrin B
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Orrin B:
We appreciate your review and your being a guest since 1984. A considerable investment has been made to upgrade the courses and major improvements will continue over a three year period. Our goal is to create the finest golf experience.
While the particular discount you mention was not offered this year, it was replaced by several other options to gain value pricing with golf included. As of this writing, we have a “Golf Play More” package listed on our website that includes daily rounds of golf for 2 and we also currently offer a “Resort Activity Pass” which includes unlimited afternoon golf.
I've been playing golf at the Longboat Key Club for the past 8 years the courses are better now than ever. The guests I have been speaking to have been very appreciative of the work done this year and their current conditions. Next time you are coming to visit the club, I would be happy to review available golf packages with you to be sure you see all your options.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a weekend. It's supposed to be a high end hotel, but I thought the facility and rooms were pretty outdated. The location is spectacular. We saw manatees, dolphins, and lots of birds. It's nice, but I wouldn't stay there again, there are better choices out there. Plus there are lots of snobby rich people, why they choose to stay there is beyond me.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Lisa S

Dear Lisa S
Thanks for reviewing us. I’m sorry you felt anything outdated as we are constantly upgrading. For example, the rooms were done within the past few years, the pool furniture is less than 2 months old, the Spa was completely redone and re-opened 2 weeks ago, the golf course has also had major renovations over the past three months and the Harborside locker rooms completely re-done over the last month. I feel the resort works hard to have an updated look while still preserving the natural beauty that is here. I never get tired of watching the manatees and dolphins swimming nearby. Again, we appreciate your point of view and thanks for taking the time to review.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at resort recently for 3 nights. We had a king suite with beach view in building 3. The room was nicely appointed and spacious. We found the resort to be overpriced for what you get. We paid $62 for lunch by the pool. Two drinks, a burger and a club sandwich. We had dinner at Sandpoint our first night. The food was fair at best. Overall, when returning to the area, we will be staying elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ILove2travel1

Dear ILove2travel1:

Thank you for staying with us. I’m sorry you have concerns about the pricing. We are a full service resort with, pool, beach, spa, tennis, golf, 6 restaurants, spacious suites, activities program, etc. I do believe we offer a lot of value for the prices charged and I am sorry you did not feel the same. If there is anything concerning your stay that I may discuss with you, I may be reached at 800-237-8821.