My wife and I just completed our second visit to the Longboat Key Club & Resort...we love staying there! Unfortunately, Mother Nature didn't cooperate, as the temps were in the 50's-60's during our four day stay (still warmer than the weather we left back in cold, snowy Ohio). We had reserved a one bedroom suite with a beach view, but learned at check-in that level of room wasn't available. So we were upgraded to a two bedroom beach view suite in building two, overlooking the pool.
We love the layout of the suites...there is an abundance of living space. The bedroom is large with lots of closet and dresser space. The second sink/dressing area adjacent to the bathroom works out well for two people getting ready to start the day at the same time. The washer/dryer unit is convenient. The kitchenette is a nice size, and very functional with nice appliances...although I wish LBKC would consider a switch from their drip coffee makers to Keurig units. The dining table is large, and the kitchenette island with bar stools makes it easy to enjoy a quick meal or snack.
The living area is functional, roomy, and tastefully decorated (although our particular suite was starting to look a little 'tired'...walls, carpeting and furniture showing some slight signs of wear), The wired Internet connection was functional, but it would be nice to move to a wireless setup so that multiple guests could be connected at the same time.
But it's the balcony that we enjoy so much! It's large and accessible from the living room and bedroom. We love having our morning coffee/breakfast at the patio table and enjoying the sunsets with a glass of wine in the evening. The views of the beach and Gulf are spectacular!
The cold weather interferred with some of our planned activities (golf), but didn't stop us from enjoying our morning run/walk on the beautiful sandy beach. We also enjoyed some R&R time at the beach and pool when the sun was out...which is what we came for!
We enjoyed our meal at LBKC's newest restaurant, The Tavern and Whiskey Bar. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was quite inviting and relaxing. We also enjoyed St. Armand's Circle for its shopping and dining...it's only 5 minutes away. Upon returning to our suite at LBKC, we feel like we're 500 miles away from that 'hustle & bustle'.
We just love the setting and amenities of the LBKC! It's a wonderful place to relax, unwind and forget about everything for a few days. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort