Stayed only 3 nights during our 2 week Florida vacation (Orlando, Sarasota, then St Pete's Beach). This hotel and beach were so good it basically ruined our St Pete's stay. If you have a choice, pick Longboat Key!!
The whole area of Sarasota, St Armands Circle, and Longboat was really nice. It was quiet, clean, and classy throughout. The resort itself was really large, split over two locations 3 miles apart.. be aware of this when booking your room. We booked a Beach View Suite which was superb. Really spacious, great views, nice balcony, and large fridge freezer meaning we drank frozen cocktails watching sunset.
Bedbugs. Previous reviewers hinted at bedbugs. This worried us due to previous experiences. We didn't experience any bed bugs (and we checked thoroughly), but we did get bitten on the beach quite a lot on the first night by sand bugs. This caused spotting very similar to that described by the previous reviewer, and was easily solved by insect repellent. I'd say this was probably his beef, and NOT bed bugs. The rooms were really clean, and the beds were amazingly comfortable.
The pool was brilliant - large enough, warm and deep with a nice hot tub just beside it. A short walk to the private beach, and you'll be smiling ear to ear. So quiet! Great for walking along, or just lounging on the cabanas all day. The Gulf was warm, and a really good depth for paddling. The hotel did offer bike hire, but the bikes were a bit old and shoddy - use at your own risk!
The fitness centre has great facilities, but is a short jog / walk from resort centre. There is a CVS 3 miles north of the resort for food/drink... but before you buy frozen pizza's, check for an oven!!!
Mote Aquarium is a 10 minute walk up the road, and St Armands circle beyond that for food, drinks, ice creams, or Pepper Palace (hot sauce shop)!
Overall, this was a really relaxing part of our trip due to the superb views, room, pool, beach and location. I'd highly recommend this resort to anyone, and would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort