My husband and I recently returned from a 5 night stay here and loved every minute of it! The resort is pricey but worth every penny – beautifully landscaped grounds, gorgeous white sandy beaches, and top-notch amenities. The tennis center is especially nice, with impeccable clay courts, knowledgeable pros, free court times for resort guests and a helpful (and free) player matching service. Each staff person we dealt with – from front desk personnel to the shuttle drivers, concierge, beach/pool staff, and tennis pro shop employees – was extremely friendly and dedicated to helping us have the best stay possible. We’re a couple in our early 30’s and were probably among the youngest guests there, apart from some college-aged kids there with their families (most guests seem to be middle aged couples with their kids/ families or retired couples). The resort is family friendly but also a great place for a romantic getaway or R&R trip. Even though we weren’t exactly the resort’s target demographic, we loved this place and look forward to coming back year after year!
We were very happy with our beach front suite, which overlooked the edge of the pool deck and the beautiful Gulf coast. Amazing views and lots of privacy, and quiet enough that you can leave your sliding doors open at night and fall asleep to the sound of the waves. The suite’s interior was tasteful, modern and very clean – exactly the kind of place you’d expect for the prices you’re paying. Note: if you like peace and quiet, like we do, definitely request a room away from the busy part of the pool deck and Barefoot’s restaurant (which occupies about half of the pool deck). The first suite we were taken to was on the second floor in Building 2 and directly overlooked the restaurant area – very little privacy and fairly noisy during the day when so many kids and families are hanging out in the pool area. Thankfully, the front desk was very accommodating and moved us to a quieter location as soon as we told them our concerns.
Food-wise- after trying a few of the resort dining options, we found that the café at the tennis center offered some of the best food on-site with fairly reasonable prices (omelettes, salads, and sandwiches at $10-15). The two other resort restaurants we tried – “The Grille” and “Sands Pointe” – offered good food and nice ambience but were fairly overpriced for what they were. And other reviews are right about the steep poolside/beach bar prices – margaritas ran about $15 each (at least they were strong)! If you like to cook, as we do, we recommend booking a room/suite with a kitchenette. We ended up cooking our own dinners most nights and enjoying them on our airy beach front balcony – highly recommended.
The spa is also really great – the photos on the website are underwhelming but in person the place is upscale and the environment is very soothing (the spa building is a short walk away from the main resort center, so it’s very quiet). Unfortunately, the services are offered at big city prices ($100+ for a 50-minute massage), but the treatments will not disappoint, and the spa staff are extremely pleasant. There’s also a steam room in the locker rooms that guests can use for free (without booking an appointment).
All in all, we had a wonderful week at the LBKC and can’t wait til we can find time to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort