My family stayed here for two weeks in a deluxe two bedroom that had a kitchen and balcony with an amazing ocean view. From the moment that I stepped into the suite I was very pleased with the accomodations. It was spacious (1200 sq. ft I believe), beautifiully appointed, and very nice for entertaining as well as relaxing. And the views....the balcony was huge and spacious overlooking the ocean.
The beach was pristine, just like they show on their website photos. The beach service was prompt and came by often to check on us.
The sports facilities were fabulous. My husband is a tennis player and was pleased with his private lessons with instructors. And the children had a great time at the sports camp.
I would highly recommend this camp. I watched some of the instruction going on as well as my children asking to go almost every day. They played tennis, golf, kick ball, and had swimming instruction. They also had a healthy snack and lunch.
The food at the restaurants was very good. Our favorite being Portofino. This restaurant was the first time that my children were ever able to have wheat free/gluten free pizza in a restaurant. The chef was trained in this kind of cooking and had mastered this pizza so well that it was also the best thin crust I had ever tasted. He let me watch him make it as well as gave me his recipe. This was a huge deal for our family, if you travel with family members with food allergies, you will understand why. Other dishes at the restaurant were wonderful as well set in a rustic, cozy Italian ambiance by the bay.
The resort is centrally located to shopping, other dining options, grocery, and other activities for your family.
The kichen was set up very well and nicely equipped...my only suggestion would be adding a few serving platters and bowls. We bought some while there.
As well as expanding the pool area one day. We really enjoyed the live music by the pool in the afternoons and it added to the tropical feel. :)
While were there we saw many weddings being set up and taking place. They were beautiful.
We can't wait to go back to this wonderful resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort