“A unique and lovely, private getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rolling Waves Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longboat Key
Rolling Waves Cottages
You added Rolling Waves Cottages to your Saves list
Toronto, Canada
“A unique and lovely, private getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent two wonderful weeks at Rolling Waves. These quaint cottages have been updated. The atmosphere was quiet and very private. The beachfront cottage offered a pretty view of the ocean which could be seen from the front deck. The sandy beach stretched for miles lending itself to long, peaceful walks. The cottage was clean, well-equipped and very comfortable with BBQ, WIFI and TV. Shelley, the on-site manager was helpful, pleasant and personable. She respected our privacy. A wide selection of restaurants offered delicious lunch and dinner menus. I highly recommend Rolling Waves. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: A cottage facing the ocean is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank binnie2

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to rolling waves for my birthday. We stayed overnight in cottage number 6. It was built in the 1940's- and there are only 5 or 6 cottages on this property. It is quaint, quiet, a great location. The beach was spectacular. The cottage was clean and had everything we could need-- including beach chairs and umbrella. The staff (jen) was super friendly and made our stay even better. Try the lazy lobster down the street, the food was so good. Also, check out St Armand for shopping. We had such a romantic and resful trip. Thank you rolling waves, hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Debcla94
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying here! It has a quaint feel of a bungalow seaside retreat. I love that you can park right beside your cottage, no lugging bags up stairs! Laundry facility and chairs available very convenient! Love that the ocean is close to the cottages too!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank wefivealive
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a week vacation at Rolling Waves Cottage and we could not have been happier. We stayed in cottage #8 beach front. Our cottage was clean,bright and airy with a great view. We enjoyed the fully equipped kitchenette and the outdoor grill. The beach was very clean and at times we felt like it was our own private beach!

Shelley the Inn keeper was very nice and friendly and we felt very welcomed. When we arrived she let us select the ocean front cottage we wanted by showing us both even though I had booked #7 for weeks prior. She was very accommodating.

We highly recommend this wonderful place and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Cottage 7 and 8 are beach front..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 548Brigett548
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to longboat key for at least 5 yrs for our anniversary and have always seen the Rolling Waves cottages and finally decided to try staying for our 16th anniversary. Since I'm self employed we always stay in very economical places miles from the beach and spend most of our time away from the hotel and on the beach. This anniversary I wanted to stay on the beach. I was not disappointed!! The first thing that started our wonderful experience was Shelley the office manager. She welcomed us with a friendly smile and showed us to our cottage. The first thing I noticed was how clean the cottage was. My experience with clean rooms is usually the opposite. I always have to take a few minutes wherever we stay and clean the room myself. Not here-I felt very comfortable right away.
Normally I want to leave the room as soon as possible but not this time. I wanted to spend time in the cottage as much as I wanted to be on the beach. When Shelley found out it was our anniversary she gave my husband & I a bottle of champagne-above and beyond what I expected! This is now our anniversary place to stay!!
Our many thanks to Shelley again for everything!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pebportia
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a treasure! This cluster of beachfront cottages exudes Old Florida and Charm. The cottages are adorable, have everything you would need, and feel spacious even for a group.
From my first conversation with Shelley on the phone, to her warm welcome upon our arrival, to sitting and chatting with her at the firepit, she really made this girls' getaway perfect for our group. We will be back.

Room Tip: We'll probably rent cottages number one (2br) and three (1br) which are side-by-side to accomoda...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank FLTravelFan
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were in Bradenton Beach in a Hotel we didn't like and were therefore phisically looking for something else nearby. Shelley welcomed us in a most friendly way, even late at night. So we moved to her place the next day and it was definitely worth it!! A wonderful spot, nice cottages, friendly people, calm area, close to the ocean, sandy beach - a dream :-)
It's not cheap, but off season you might get a discount.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort
Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort
#15 of 20 in Longboat Key
4.0 of 5 stars 85 reviews

Been to Rolling Waves Cottages? Share your experiences!